advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Southwest companion pass for the rest of 2019 $69...
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: January 10, 2019 07:11AM
... with $4K in charges over three months. That is a seriously great deal, easiest companion pass deal I've ever seen. Once you have it, tickets are two for the price of one for yourself and one other individual. Offer expires 12 February.

[creditcards.chase.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Southwest companion pass for the rest of 2019 $69...
Posted by: Billybob
Date: January 10, 2019 10:52AM
Good deal, but then I'd have to fly SW.

Nothing against SW--I actually like/prefer their service-- but I either have to travel 80min to JAX, or 90min to MCO to use them.

I use to to make these drives as a matter of course when I was younger. However, the older I get, the less willing I am to drive a distance before I fly.
Posted by: Ammo
Date: January 10, 2019 02:33PM
What are 3,000 points worth - what could they be used for?

“Eenie meenie chili beanie, the spirits are about to speak.“ Bullwinkle

“Pessimism is a luxury of good times. In difficult times, it is a self-fulfilling, self-inflicted death sentence.” – Evelin Lindner (German psychologist, physician)

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” George Orwell
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: January 10, 2019 03:07PM
Ammo

You get 30,000. Looks like it's almost enough for a round trip between IAD & PDX (33,000 points).
Posted by: Ammo
Date: January 10, 2019 05:12PM
Lux Interior
Ammo

You get 30,000. Looks like it's almost enough for a round trip between IAD & PDX (33,000 points).

I’m still a little confused - does this mean you and a companion could fly for free once you satisfy the 3 month requirement?

“Eenie meenie chili beanie, the spirits are about to speak.“ Bullwinkle

“Pessimism is a luxury of good times. In difficult times, it is a self-fulfilling, self-inflicted death sentence.” – Evelin Lindner (German psychologist, physician)

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” George Orwell
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: January 11, 2019 08:57AM
Ammo
Lux Interior
Ammo

I’m still a little confused - does this mean you and a companion could fly for free once you satisfy the 3 month requirement?

A companion pass means you pay for a ticket (or get it with miles), and one specific individual that you identify ahead of time can also get a ticket on the same flight for free (they do charge taxes; it's about $5.50 each way for a domestic flight). And you can do that as many times as you like until the pass expires (in this case, through the end of this calendar year).

Hell of a deal. We've had those passes for the last few years, and have saved a bundle. The additional 30,000 miles in this case are just a nice bonus.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 269
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018