advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Drugs and syringes have become such a problem in Starbucks bathrooms that the company is installing needle-disposal boxes in certain locations
Posted by: DP
Date: January 10, 2019 07:31AM
Who would've thought one needed hazmat training to work at a Starbucks?

Starbucks is installing boxes for safe disposal of syringes in the bathrooms of certain locations, following workers' reports of discarded needles and sometimes concerning conditions.

The coffee giant is exploring remedies after employees expressed fears about being pricked by uncapped needles and experiencing related health risks. Starbucks is testing solutions, including installing sharps-disposal boxes, using heavier-duty trash bags to prevent needle pokes, and removing trash cans from certain bathrooms.

Starbucks trains employees on how to safely deal with hypodermic needles.

In October, three Starbucks employees in Seattle told local news that they encountered hypodermic needles on the job nearly every day. They said they had to take antiviral medications to protect themselves from HIV and hepatitis.

According to Jamie, she and other coworkers have encountered drugs, alcohol bottles, blood on floors and walls, condoms and condom wrappers, and needles (capped and uncapped) on floors and in the trash.

[www.businessinsider.com]

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Drugs and syringes have become such a problem in Starbucks bathrooms that the company is installing needle-disposal boxes in certain locations
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 10, 2019 07:49AM
....I want a new drug
One that won't make me sick
One that won't make me crash my car
Or make me feel three feet thick

I want a new drug
One that won't hurt my head
One that won't make my mouth too dry
Or make my eyes too red

One that won't make me nervous
Wondering what to do
One that makes me feel like I feel when I'm with you
When I'm alone with you............

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Re: Drugs and syringes have become such a problem in Starbucks bathrooms that the company is installing needle-disposal boxes in certain locations
Posted by: space-time
Date: January 10, 2019 07:51AM
I saw those at most rest areas on highway.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: January 10, 2019 08:50AM
not an issue in my area but yeah, it is really a problem for some locations.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: January 10, 2019 10:37AM
Getting to be quite the problem on our new Waterfront Trail, too.
Families have stopped using the trail, because of the homeless, the drug users, and the needles, broken bottles, and trash on the trail.
Which, to be fair, is why those of us opposed to spending money we didn't have on the trail were opposed to it. If we'd spent that money on community policing FIRST, we might have been able to build a trail that people can USE, instead of another homeless camp and IV drug user hangout.

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 377
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018