advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
'R' you watching?!......the docuseries 'Surviving R. Kelly' really making a splash.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 10, 2019 10:19AM
.....on Lifetime channel....focuses on all the 'issues'.........

.....Lifetime debuts the bombshell documentary series, “Surviving R. Kelly,” in a special three-night-event, beginning Thursday, January 3 at 9pm ET/PT. Two additional hours will premiere on Friday, January 4, at 9pm ET/PT and the final installment of the six-part documentary series will debut on Saturday, January 5, at 9pm ET/PT.

In the ground-breaking documentary series “Surviving R. Kelly,” women are emerging from the shadows and uniting their voices to share their stories. Celebrated as one of the greatest R&B singers of all time, R. Kelly’s genre defining career and playboy lifestyle has been riddled with rumors of abuse, predatory behavior, and pedophilia. Despite damning evidence and multiple witnesses, to date, none of these accusations have seemingly affected him. For the first time ever, survivors and people from R. Kelly’s inner circle, are coming forward with new allegations about his sexual, mental, and physical abuse. They are now finally ready to share their full story and shed light on the secret life the public has never seen.

With over 50 interviews including civil rights activist Tarana Burke, musicians John Legend and Sparkle, talk-show host and former DJ Wendy Williams, ex-wife Andrea Kelly, ex-girlfriend Kitti Jones, brothers Carey and Bruce Kelly, and many others, the true story of R. Kelly’s controversial past will be revealed beginning in 1970 through present day, shedding light on the R&B star whose history of alleged abuse of underage African American girls has, until recently, been largely ignored by mainstream media......

making a big splash..........?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2019 10:31AM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 'R' you watching?!......the docuseries 'Surviving R. Kelly' really making a splash.....
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: January 10, 2019 10:33AM
Can you find any less non-essential programming for us?
Re: 'R' you watching?!......the docuseries 'Surviving R. Kelly' really making a splash.....
Posted by: gabester
Date: January 10, 2019 01:42PM
#MeToo R Kelly U?

This man's reprehensible pedophile predatory behavior is well known and documented, and yet his wealth and icon status have allowed him elude any repercussions for the violation of social norms and the destruction of countless womens' lives.

This is an essential call to rectify longstanding injustice long overdue.
Date: January 10, 2019 01:54PM
as opposed to say, Harvey Weinstein, a cultural superpower? This guy's just a small-time jerk, a show-biz sideshow...marginal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2019 01:56PM by Steve G..
Posted by: mattkime
Date: January 10, 2019 02:48PM
Steve G.
as opposed to say, Harvey Weinstein, a cultural superpower? This guy's just a small-time jerk, a show-biz sideshow...marginal.

Weird thing to argue about.

Date: January 10, 2019 06:58PM
mattkime
Steve G.

and even weirder thing to start a thread about, which was my point.
Posted by: gabester
Date: January 10, 2019 07:08PM
Steve G.
mattkime
Steve G.

Clippety clop... To churn some more - most of our "culture" could arguably have been said to be unaware of the name of Harvey Weinstein before some brave women came forward... over and over.

R Kelly? He's about as superstar as they come for a certain era.
Posted by: hal
Date: January 10, 2019 07:47PM
gabester
Steve G.
mattkime
Steve G.

Clippety clop... To churn some more - most of our "culture" could arguably have been said to be unaware of the name of Harvey Weinstein before some brave women came forward... over and over.

R Kelly? He's about as superstar as they come for a certain era.

you're probably right, but I still don't know who Kelly is, and as a movie buff, have been aware of Weinstein for at least 15 years.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 10, 2019 07:50PM
.....I believe I can fly
I believe I can touch the sky
I think about it every night and day
Spread my wings and fly away
I believe I can soar
I see me running through that open door
I believe I can fly.......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2019 07:50PM by NewtonMP2100.
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: January 11, 2019 07:54AM
I’ve never heard of either.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 205
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018