advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Pages 6.3
Posted by: Spiff
Date: January 10, 2019 02:15PM
Anyone know how to get a copy of Pages 6.3.1? My wife is working in Sierra and wants to try it. Supposedly a little better than Microsoft Word 2016 or 2019. I can't seem to find a source for Pages 6. Thanks!

-Spiff
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Pages 6.3
Posted by: Forrest
Date: January 10, 2019 02:51PM
Pages is available at Apple's App Store. If you previously purchased it or got it bundled with a new Mac, it should be available for downloading from the Purchased tab of the App Store.
Date: January 10, 2019 03:33PM
The fly in the ointment is that she has not previously downloaded pages. Otherwise it would have been a simple solution, agreed.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: January 10, 2019 04:20PM
Not worth $10? Isn't that all it costs? Or can't she get the version she wants?

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: January 10, 2019 04:49PM
Pages is free from the App Store.

If you sign in to buy it under Sierra, it may prompt you to download the old Sierra-compatible version.

Date: January 10, 2019 07:31PM
Tried that. Demands I upgrade to the latest MacOS. Drat!
Posted by: rich in distress
Date: January 10, 2019 07:47PM
I’ve been bitten by that, but I had the dvd installer for the old iWork version.
Some people like it better, some require the new features and/or compatibility.
but anyway...

• back to confinement
Date: January 10, 2019 08:00PM
I just remembered, the last thing I thought I should try is this,
Get on computer with a current OS, create a new user, or use a guest login, etc.
Log into the App Store with your iCloud nick, and buy/acquire the rights for the app.
Try to download the app from your Sierra computer, to see if it provides the last compatible version.

I have not tried because this issue is not on my account, but please report back if you do.
Good luck!

• back to confinement

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2019 09:20AM by rich in distress.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: January 11, 2019 08:42AM
rich in distress
I just remembered, the last thing I thought I should try is this,
Get on computer with a current OS, create a new user, or use a guest login, etc.
Log into the App Store with your iCloud nick, and buy/acquire the rights for the app.
Try to download the app from your Sierra computer, to see if it provides the last compatible version.

I have not tried because the issue is not my account, but please report backfired you do.
Good luck!

Just remember that this turns the computer into one of your registered iCloud devices in perpetuity unless purged, IIRC. YMMV.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Date: January 11, 2019 01:12PM
rjmacs
Just remember that this turns the computer into one of your registered iCloud devices in perpetuity unless purged, IIRC. YMMV.

That sounds about right. I guess purging would require going to iCloud settings, clicking on the temporary device, and then forget this device.
Hopefully, iTunes playback would not be authorized until the app is launched from the temp device, but if it does, there’s a menu where “unauthorize this computer” is an option.

I just asked my gf if she’s game to try this thing, but nah... she’s set on getting a new computer instead. Oh well...

• back to confinement

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2019 01:13PM by rich in distress.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 307
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018