advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
veg out?!.....Taco Bell testing vegetarian menu.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 11, 2019 07:45AM
....run for the bathroom border......??

Taco Bell making it easier for vegetarians with menu just for them

....Taco Bell is making it easier for vegetarians in 2019.

The fast food chain is planning to roll out a dedicated vegetarian menu in stores later this year. The menu, which will begin as a test, will include current offerings like bean burritos and cheese quesadillas in addition to some new meatless options.

The idea isn’t something new: vegetarian items have been all over different parts of Taco Bell’s menu for years, everything from the Triple Layer Nachos to the Cheese Potato Burrito. In fact, Taco Bell is the only major quick-service restaurant chain certified by the American Vegetarian Association. The company says the variety of its ingredients used in stores translates to more than 8 million possible vegetarian combinations.

If you’re a meat eater, don’t worry, your favorite standbys will remain in their own section of the menu.

The new vegetarian initiative is one of several priorities the company has identified for the next 12 months. The others include using of higher quality ingredients, making sure all of its beef is sustainable, improving recycling efforts and adding more affordable offerings on its dollar value menu.

veg.....emite sandwich............?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: veg out?!.....Taco Bell testing vegetarian menu.....
Posted by: SteveO
Date: January 11, 2019 09:27AM
7-layer burrito can be as good as most anything else on the menu. Can be because I've had some pretty stale burrito shells in my time, grr, usually along the highway; I guess those owners don't care about freshness. I eat fast food only 3-4x a year, but it's good to know they're putting healthier options out!
Posted by: rgG
Date: January 11, 2019 12:45PM
The 7 layer veggie burrito is my go to at TB
Hope they add a veggie Chalupa because I love those Chalupa shells. Yummy

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: vision63
Date: January 11, 2019 02:40PM
Your old plain bean burrito (and tostada without that new sauce they put on it) gets the job done. I've been eating them for 50 years. Calling it 'veggie' would make me not want it. I don't want parsnips.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2019 03:07PM by vision63.
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: January 11, 2019 10:32PM
rgG
The 7 layer veggie burrito is my go to at TB
Hope they add a veggie Chalupa because I love those Chalupa shells. Yummy

You can order just about anything you want at our local TB's. Just ask for a veggie chalupa with beans.

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 263
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018