advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
hey, old friend_what d'ya say, old friend?!....Apple adds this to 'vintage/obsolete' list....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 11, 2019 08:23AM
.....late 2012 iMacs.....

Apple Adding Late 2012 iMacs to Vintage and Obsolete Products Pilot Program at End of January

....In an internal memo distributed to Apple Authorized Service Providers, obtained by MacRumors, Apple has indicated that Late 2012 model 21.5-inch and 27-inch iMacs will be added to its vintage and obsolete products list on January 30.

Vintage and obsolete products are typically no longer eligible for repairs or replacement parts from Apple or Apple Authorized Service Providers, but the memo states Late 2012 model iMacs will be eligible for Apple's pilot program that will permit extended service through January 30, 2021 worldwide, subject to parts availability.

Other products in the pilot program include the iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, Mid 2012 models of the MacBook Air and Mac Pro, and Mid 2012 to Early 2013 models of the MacBook Pro. The program began in January 2018 and was expanded in August.

Vintage products are those that have not been manufactured for more than five years, according to Apple.

old........fogey......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2019 08:27AM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: hey, old friend_what d'ya say, old friend?!....Apple adds this to 'vintage/obsolete' list....
Posted by: space-time
Date: January 11, 2019 08:31AM
I am suing one. Solid machine.
Re: hey, old friend_what d'ya say, old friend?!....Apple adds this to 'vintage/obsolete' list....
Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: January 11, 2019 08:37AM
All my Macs are now vintage/obsolete...
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: January 11, 2019 09:46AM
space-time

You need a better lawyer.
Date: January 11, 2019 09:54AM
Lux Interior
space-time

You need a better lawyer.

POMTL.
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: January 11, 2019 09:57AM
I'm just glad my 2017 MBP didn't make the list.
Date: January 11, 2019 09:58AM
S. Pupp
I'm just glad my 2017 MBP didn't make the list.

it's only a matter of time.
Posted by: norse
Date: January 11, 2019 10:28AM
What year was the last iMac they've made? I have a 2009 model.
Posted by: Forrest
Date: January 11, 2019 11:39AM
norse
What year was the last iMac they've made? I have a 2009 model.

Huh? Apple is still making new iMac's
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: January 11, 2019 03:08PM
This is the line that needs your attention --

Other products in the pilot program include the .... Mid 2012 to Early 2013 models of the MacBook Pro.

Considering the mid-2012 MBP was only discontinued in late 2016, it just went out of Applecare warranty a few months ago (and some refurbs may still be under warranty).

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2019 03:10PM by Ombligo.
Posted by: Bernie
Date: January 11, 2019 06:08PM
Last one with internal SuperDrive.

Staunton, Virginia
Posted by: max
Date: January 12, 2019 08:44AM
Ombligo
This is the line that needs your attention --

Other products in the pilot program include the .... Mid 2012 to Early 2013 models of the MacBook Pro.

Considering the mid-2012 MBP was only discontinued in late 2016, it just went out of Applecare warranty a few months ago (and some refurbs may still be under warranty).

Yep, and that is my favorite, I just upgraded it to 2TB SSD....
Posted by: AllGold
Date: January 12, 2019 04:57PM
The mid-2012 15" MacBook Pro is still the one to get--assuming you don't want to spend a ton of money.

USB3, no graphics card/motherboard failures, a quad-core i7 and easily user replaceable RAM and hard drive.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 237
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018