advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
17 year old drives blindfolded in Birdbox social media challenge & crashed into another vehicle
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: January 11, 2019 01:05PM
[www.sltrib.com]

Layton Police took to social media to say the obvious after a 17-year-old driver took the Bird Box Challenge while driving on the Layton Parkway on Monday — with a “predictable result.”
“I almost feel silly saying this,” said Layton Police Lieutenant Travis Lyman. “But, apparently, it needs to be said.”
Bird Box Challenge while driving...predictable result. This happened on Monday as a result of the driver covering her eyes while driving on Layton Parkway. Luckily no injuries. pic.twitter.com/4DvYzrmDA2

— Layton Police (@laytonpolice) January 11, 2019
The department shared two photos on Twitter — the gray truck the 17-year-old girl was driving while blindfolded, and the white SUV she hit. The 17-year-old, her 16-year-old passenger and the occupants of the SUV were “luckily” not injured.
Police are screening a charge of reckless driving with the city attorney.
“Bird Box” is a Netflix horror movie about an invisible entity that makes people hallucinate and kill themselves. To avoid that, people exposed to the entity blindfold themselves.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2019 01:19PM by pRICE cUBE.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 17 year old drive blindfolded in latest socia media challenge & crashed into another vehicle
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: January 11, 2019 01:16PM
They should revoke her license on the grounds of pure stupidity.
Re: 17 year old drive blindfolded in latest socia media challenge & crashed into another vehicle
Posted by: jdc
Date: January 11, 2019 01:18PM
emoticon-tv-015

LOL, just noticed the this

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2019 01:26PM by jdc.
Re: 17 year old drives blindfolded in Birdbox social media challenge & crashed into another vehicle
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 11, 2019 01:27PM
....Birdbrain.....??

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Re: 17 year old drives blindfolded in Birdbox social media challenge & crashed into another vehicle
Posted by: steve...
Date: January 11, 2019 01:34PM

'Reckless Driving' seems like a slap on the wrist, if you ask me.

Related: The forest & river scenes in that movie were filmed near where I live.

Northern California Coast
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: January 11, 2019 01:42PM

would you like some Tide Pods with that?
Posted by: Buzz
Date: January 11, 2019 01:59PM
Somebody oughta come up with a theory about natural selection...
==
Date: January 11, 2019 02:09PM
Buzz
Somebody oughta come up with a theory about natural selection...
==

That theory would work except they almost took someone else out.

Posted by: SKYLANE
Date: January 11, 2019 02:51PM
What is Birdbox social media and how does it relate to driver being blindfolded...?
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: January 11, 2019 03:17PM
SKYLANE
What is Birdbox social media and how does it relate to driver being blindfolded...?

It's this week's version of the endless stream of stupid things that multibillion dollar companies entice bored millennials to do for free advertising to push media consumption of their latest tired, hackneyed semblance of a movie.
Date: January 11, 2019 03:21PM
SKYLANE

Some movie on Netflix where a person and her family flee from some kind of monster that shouldn't be looked at. They flee in blindfolds. People are trying to to daily life things blindfolded to prove their level of intelligence.

Posted by: ka jowct
Date: January 11, 2019 03:22PM
Steve G.

would you like some Tide Pods with that?

smiley-laughing001

My life goes smoothly and in regular intervals
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: January 11, 2019 04:45PM

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: January 11, 2019 05:10PM
Would it have been too ‘meta’ if they’d included a scene in the movie of kids coming up with the “Eyes Wide Open challenge”,
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 11, 2019 05:54PM
....'Birdbox'......movie that recently came out on Netflix with Sandra Bullock.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: January 11, 2019 06:52PM
'Reckless Driving' seems like a slap on the wrist, if you ask me.

Yeah, well you can't charge her with attempted murder vehicular manslaughter, etc., when that wasn't the crime committed.

It all depends on their state laws. I'm sure she could get some juvenile incarceration for reckless driving.

THIS is what chaps my hide.

It should be Police are pressing for a charge of reckless driving with the city attorney.

But then kid's minds aren't fully developed so we must forgive their trespasses.

<hurl>

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men
except by believing all possible evil
of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* Sigs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: January 11, 2019 08:07PM
So they have an entire section devoted to this? Where else but SLC!

jdc
emoticon-tv-015

LOL, just noticed the this

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 273
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018