advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Rocket Yard Testing Lab: Which Browser is Fastest?
Posted by: Bernie
Date: January 12, 2019 12:46PM
https://blog.macsales.com/46993-rocket-yard-testing-lab-which-browser-is-fastest

As always an interesting read. Next Time I should like to see Brave added to the competition. I use it just for my social media and associated surfing.
Firefox is used for my local paper. I close it and all is erased and I can read 3 more articles. Safari is my go to browser with cookies and passwords that are saved.
Brave replaced Chrome which replaced Opera. Opera used to be quite the browser but over the years it has become, for lack of a better description, awkward and not user friendly. Chrome was most functional but Google has become the newest evil and I have distanced myself from most things Google.

So if you are thinking about giving a new browser a spin, Brave is well worth the learning curve.

Staunton, Virginia
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Rocket Yard Testing Lab: Which Browser is Fastest?
Posted by: hal
Date: January 12, 2019 01:50PM
No conclusion in the end, but good advice: In the end, if you’re using any of these browsers as your primary way to experience the web, then you’re in good hands. However, there’s nothing wrong with installing all of these browsers, and taking each one for a spin. You may discover that the slow website you’ve been complaining about performs much better with a different browser.

AMEN!

I haven't heard of Brave - maybe I'll add it.
Posted by: tlh828
Date: January 13, 2019 04:37AM
I've make Brave my default browser and like it a lot. I really like the way it saves login and password info and automatically inserts it when I visit a site. And it seems faster than Safari and Firefox.

I was originally attracted to the way it would display bookmarks at the top of the screen ( I don't like to have to squint). A new version has come on the scene in which the size of these bookmarks can't be adjusted and is small a la Safari. I'm sticking with the old version.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 13, 2019 01:22PM
.....mi madre......speed reader.......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: hal
Date: January 13, 2019 07:38PM
I'm on the lookout for any browser that automatically eliminates any mention of any Kardasian or Kate Middleton.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 267
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018