advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Woot! A Blizzard!
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: February 09, 2019 12:12PM
Woke up this morning to a Blizzard warning from local emergency management agency. We have snow and sustained winds of 30+ mph. Power has flickered a few times but we’re still operational at the moment.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Woot! A Blizzard!
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: February 09, 2019 12:41PM
It's beautiful in West Seattle! I've got about 5 inches of fluffy snow sitting on top of my fence rail. Two blocks west towards the Sound it's about half that. Still coming down this morning and we could get a lot more over the next few days. Inland snow is much greater. Most snow in 20 years in the area and daily snowfall set a new all-time record at SeaTac.

NWS Seattle says the snow ratio is 17:1; 2.5 inches of snow equated to only .17 inches of liquid which is unusually fluffy by our standards.

My dog loved running around in it at 5 this morning; the quiet and pale pink light behind snow covered firs and cedars was wonderful.

KUOW headline this morning: "As snow falls, Seattle stocks up on de-icer, avocados, and weed."

Stay safe and warm out there and enjoy the beauty fellow PNW'ers.
Posted by: btfc
Date: February 09, 2019 12:55PM
Eight to ten inches and lots of wind overnight on my place near Crater Lake. Intermittent whiteouts now, and we're expecting another few feet in the next couple of days.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: February 09, 2019 02:14PM
Looks like my report of 7.5" in the other thread was a little low. This is out on the sidewalk away from the tree. Not much from the windstorm yet, time will tell. The wind field map site is predicting 13 mph currently, but WeatherUnderground says 34 F, 5 mph from the NE with the low tomorrow around 10 F

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: DP
Date: February 09, 2019 05:05PM
KUOW headline this morning: "As snow falls, Seattle stocks up on de-icer, avocados, and weed."

And in November all the babies will come...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: February 09, 2019 05:13PM
....some love extra inches......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: pdq
Date: February 09, 2019 07:00PM
DP

I heard that there was a run on kale.

Maybe not true, but I’m not makin this up - it’s what I heard.
Date: February 10, 2019 01:59AM
According to the WA State Patrol there were several hundred cars abandoned on I-82 south of Tri-Cities because of the blizzard:
[twitter.com]

Date: February 10, 2019 09:27AM
ztirffritz
According to the WA State Patrol there were several hundred cars abandoned on I-82 south of Tri-Cities because of the blizzard:
[twitter.com]

How are you and family doing?

I saw the forecast for the Yakima Valley - more blizzard conditions on the way.
Hope you're all staying safe and warm - with electricity.

I've been worrying a lot about people without shelter, we've had at least one death from exposure in Seattle.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: February 10, 2019 12:37PM
I lost power for about two hours last night. Props to PSE, it was one of the shortest outages ever. I guess the crews were already in the area, removed the tree/branch and dealt with the fuse/breaker. I was not expecting such a quick resolution with 400 other outages in the county. The lights came on about 10 minutes into in the process for preparing for a cold night with three layers of flannel pajamas and an extra comforter. It hit 6 F not too far away.

Edit: I have been wondering about nwyaker, his posts have been sparse after the tornado went through.

In tha 360. MRF User Map

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2019 12:40PM by Filliam H. Muffman.
Date: February 10, 2019 01:24PM
Actually had more snow hit the ground this morning than yesterday. The wind yesterday was unreal. Today is now cold and sunny. Until about 8. Then it snows again until Wednesday. Then we get a few hours break then it snows again through the weeekend. But that’s 7 days away. It might also be 85° by then.

Date: February 10, 2019 01:34PM
Here's what Cliff Mass has to say about it (Western WA anyway). Next week looks painful, lots of heavy wet snow, not the fun stuff.

[cliffmass.blogspot.com]
Date: February 10, 2019 05:10PM
Yakima is looking at 8" of new snow in the next 48 hours. 1" tonight, 3" tomorrow, 4" the next night.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 255
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018