Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
6-year-old girl battling cancer becomes honorary police officer
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: February 09, 2019 12:20PM

[www.cbsnews.com]

A 6-year-old Texas girl with an incurable cancer said she had dreamed of becoming a police officer, so the Freeport Police Department decided to make her an honorary officer for the day – and the chief of police broke down while swearing her in.
Abigal Arias has a stage-four Wilms' tumor wrapped around her aorta. She went into remission for five months, but then the cancer spread to her lungs. Abigail's doctors don't know of any treatment or chemotherapy that is able to cure her, CBS affiliate KHOU-TV reports.

The department invited Abigail to be sworn in as an honorary officer Thursday, under one condition: Garivey made Abigail make a promise in her oath. "I now and forever promise to keep fighting the bad guys until all my cancer's gone," she said.
The chief couldn't hold back his tears while swearing in the terminally ill girl. He was overcome with emotion as Abigail received her badge, which she wore on her tiny police uniform.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2019 12:29PM by pRICE cUBE.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 6-year-old girl battling cancer becomes honorary police officer
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: February 09, 2019 05:29PM
I would like to applaud Abigail's fighting spirit as she battles this disease. I hope I could have a fraction of her fighting spirit in the face of unfavorable odds. The police department's gesture is highly commendable. I would encourage people to donate to worthy charities that relate to this story.

Posted by: M A V I C
Date: February 09, 2019 07:35PM
pRICE cUBE
I would like to applaud Abigail's fighting spirit as she battles this disease. I hope I could have a fraction of her fighting spirit in the face of unfavorable odds. The police department's gesture is highly commendable. I would encourage people to donate to worthy charities that relate to this story.

Agreed. Thanks for posting.

Help MacInTouch: Buy from Amazon? use this link [amazon.com]
Mac News & Info: [macintouch.com] [macnn.com] [tuaw.com]
Mac Benchmarks: [barefeats.com]
Used Mac Stuff [FS/T]: LowEndMac Swap List
Mac Software Updates: [macupdate.com]
Fonts: [dafont.com] [fontspace.com]
Online Computer Store With Mac Support: [macsales.com]
Posted by: mrp-admin
Date: February 10, 2019 07:49AM
This thread has been locked due to it going WAY off topic.

Please, everyone is entitled to their own opinions and views on life. But let's keep the attitude and comments that are not necessary towards original posters and what they post to yourself, and if you feel that it warrants discussion in a less than civil manner, open a thread on the political ranting forum and feel free to air your grievances there smiling smiley

Thank you
MRF-Admin
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Online Users

Guests: 315
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018