advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Re: Share your MR Forum random confessions
Posted by: TheTominator
Date: February 11, 2019 07:01AM
I once shot camera footage of a man in Reno who was coloring fabrics just to watch him dye.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Posted by: mrlynn
Date: February 11, 2019 08:31AM
TheTominator
I once shot camera footage of a man in Reno who was coloring fabrics just to watch him dye.

facepalm

/Mr Lynn
Date: February 11, 2019 08:39AM
I keep promising to clean out my office, but it's way too big a job.

/Mr Lynn

"Hillbilly at Harvard"
Honky-tonk Country and Bluegrass
Founded in 1948 by Pappy Ben Minnich
Saturdays 9am - 1pm Eastern
WHRB-FM, Cambridge, MA
Streaming at [www.WHRB.org]
Be there!

The HAH weblog: [hillbillyatharvard.wordpress.com]

Topical weblog: [walkingcreekworld.wordpress.com]

On the river in Saxonville.
Posted by: tronnei
Date: February 11, 2019 02:25PM
Thrift Store Scott

The Wizard of Oz, on the other hand, is worth watching just to see what could be achieved 80 years ago using the most primitive of practical special effects if for no other reason.

The tornado bearing down on Dorothy as she tries to enter the storm cellar is stunning. Couldn't be done any better today.
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: February 11, 2019 05:23PM
tronnei
Thrift Store Scott

The Wizard of Oz, on the other hand, is worth watching just to see what could be achieved 80 years ago using the most primitive of practical special effects if for no other reason.

The tornado bearing down on Dorothy as she tries to enter the storm cellar is stunning. Couldn't be done any better today.

Yep, even having seen that scene dozens of times and knowing exactly how it was done it still never fails to impress.

Back to the topic at hand before it disappears off the front page and into oblivion: I've been racking my brain trying to come up with a suitable confession, or at least one that I haven't already confessed, and the best I can come up with is this-

I can't stand it when people think that any unsolicited communication of any kind is automatically a "flirt" or "come on". Who told the people that feel that way that their winkie (or hoo-hoo, as the case may be) was made of solid gold and that anyone within a six foot radius of them would be immediately struck by an overwhelming desire to try to get some of it? Have they never heard of simply passing the time pleasantly with a new acquaintance with no sexual under- or overtones whatsoever?

Resist the Thought Police- George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not a "How To" guide.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2019 05:23PM by Thrift Store Scott.
Date: February 11, 2019 06:01PM
Thrift Store Scott

Back to the topic at hand before it disappears off the front page and into oblivion: I've been racking my brain trying to come up with a suitable confession, or at least one that I haven't already confessed, and the best I can come up with is this-

I can't stand it when people think that any unsolicited communication of any kind is automatically a "flirt" or "come on". Who told the people that feel that way that their winkie (or hoo-hoo, as the case may be) was made of solid gold and that anyone within a six foot radius of them would be immediately struck by an overwhelming desire to try to get some of it? Have they never heard of simply passing the time pleasantly with a new acquaintance with no sexual under- or overtones whatsoever?

Just be lucky you're young enough to arouse that kind of suspicion. old fogey smiley

/Mr Lynn
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: February 11, 2019 07:11PM
...sniffing Coke.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Date: February 11, 2019 07:49PM
mrlynn
Thrift Store Scott

Just be lucky you're young enough to arouse that kind of suspicion. old fogey smiley

/Mr Lynn

Bless you for thinking so, but at 52 I'm hardly "young" and that's no secret to anyone who sees me in person: My hair is not quite at the 50/50 point of white versus black yet, but it's getting very, very close.

Resist the Thought Police- George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not a "How To" guide.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: February 11, 2019 07:52PM
mrlynn
Thrift Store Scott

/Mr Lynn

It never stops completely. You just go from being a horndog to being a ‘creeper’ or a ‘perv’. big grin smiley
Posted by: $tevie
Date: February 11, 2019 08:55PM
Thrift Store Scott
Dennis S
I've never watched "The Wizard of Oz"

Revisiting an earlier topic, if the thought of watching "The Wizard of Oz" in its original form is a bit too much for you, great period special effects or not, for a more distinctly surreal experience try putting on "The Wizard of Oz", muting the sound, and playing Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" instead. The urban legend about the album tracks aligning perfectly with and oddly suiting the scenes in the film is absolutely true.
Or just let youtube do it for you: [youtu.be]

Date: February 12, 2019 12:48AM
$tevie
Thrift Store Scott
Dennis S
I've never watched "The Wizard of Oz"

Revisiting an earlier topic, if the thought of watching "The Wizard of Oz" in its original form is a bit too much for you, great period special effects or not, for a more distinctly surreal experience try putting on "The Wizard of Oz", muting the sound, and playing Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" instead. The urban legend about the album tracks aligning perfectly with and oddly suiting the scenes in the film is absolutely true.
Or just let youtube do it for you: [youtu.be]

If you decide to do it via YouTube, do it quickly because the "Wizard of Oz"/"Dark Side of the Moon" combo gets uploaded and then shortly thereafter taken down again with disturbing regularity, probably due to copyright infringement… either that, or a puritanical fan of one or the other works thinks it's blasphemous to combine them and lodges a complaint.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 279
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018