Date: February 09, 2019 08:48PM
For all the football junkies..dunno smileybarf smiley
AAF.

Just what the world needed ?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Miss the NFL
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: February 09, 2019 08:51PM
I generally love NFL football but the way the refs dealt with the Cowboys, KC, and Saints leaves me needing a break. The SB was incredibly underwhelming. I believe it was the footballs gods punishing the NFL for the teams that actually advanced.

Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: February 10, 2019 10:34AM
Ditto what pRICE said. I never really followed it, but I'd watch games on Sundays sometimes.

Make it a good day today.
Posted by: digby
Date: February 10, 2019 08:30PM
I rarely watched any sports on TV, but then my sister suckered me into her Family Football Pool.

No point spreads, no fantasy football where you pick individual players, just "Which team do you think'll win?" But as a result, I now care about each and every game. Now one of my favorite things is to go to early church then abandon my wife and head to the local pub that has ten screens tuned to different games. Luckily, it's just for fun (if ANY money were involved, I'd be broke by now).

Side note: if there's any justice in the world and they end up banning football due to concussions, I'm enjoying its last few seasons while it's legal.

What I've discovered is that I'm not really a football fan, I'm a fan of hanging out with people who care deeply about a sporting event. The energy levels are amazing.
Posted by: TLB
Date: February 11, 2019 09:41AM
Nope. First time in my adult life I didn't watch any of the Super Bowl. I think I've developed football attention issues. It is too slow and drawn out to hold my interest. I'm not a Futbol person either; I guess I'm just not interested in "spectating".
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: February 11, 2019 02:19PM
....but do you miss....the ex......??

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 288
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018