advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Creating multiple private login pages on SquareSpace?
Posted by: stephen
Date: February 10, 2019 10:36AM
Any SquareSpace experts here?

I'm interested in quickly creating private pages that show portfolios of work to different audiences. Tired of wading through the bureaucracy of our company to get a quick portfolio done when we get a call from a new business prospect. I want to be able to drag and drop a few JPGs and create a new set of samples.

I know that you can make an individual page Not Listed on SquareSpace. But what if I want different people to see different things?

For example, let's say:

1. I want to do a portfolio of our cool work for Nike. (I wish...)
2. And I need to do a portfolio of our healthcare work for a potential hospital client.

I want the theme/appearance to be same.
I want the Nav menu to be the same (Video, Digital, Print etc.)

What I don't know is if you have to pay all over again to create a different portfolio. Or if there is some way to create subdirectories, each with their own tree/structure and navigation?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Creating multiple private login pages on SquareSpace?
Posted by: evilrobot
Date: February 10, 2019 11:34AM
I think I see what you are asking for. You would like to create a different flavor of portfolio depending on the client/agency you are interviewing, speaking to their industry. I'm a designer and sometimes create specific pages that only cater to a small segment as well.

You can password protect individual pages or create a separate (hidden) page that will link to the existing navigation (I do this) and it still carries the existing theme. Although, once they navigate out of it - the only way back to that specific page is with back arrow/back page in the browser.

But having a separate, full site - I believe it would require a different URL or subscription. If you'd like to avoid that, create these separate pages, like your "Nike" page and swap the pages in and out depending on who you anticipate viewing the portfolio.

Hope this answers your question.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2019 01:34PM by evilrobot.
Re: Creating multiple private login pages on SquareSpace?
Posted by: Bernie
Date: February 10, 2019 12:22PM
What evilrobot said.

Different page.
Different list of folks.

Note I said page. One URL having many public and private?hidden pages.

Based on very old site and software. If I upgrade I lose my original price.

Staunton, Virginia
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 278
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018