advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
meteorologist app--upgrade?
Posted by: goodmanx
Date: February 10, 2019 03:43PM
i upgraded (?) this nifty little menu bar weather app a few minutes ago and the upgrade (?) changes the look of the app entirely and i can't figure out how to get weather on other cities i check.

here's a screenshot of what it looks like now: current weather.

i used to get a box showing current local weather and, below that, access to weather in other locales.

i don't see anything that helps in the preferences.

does anyone else have experience with this? any idea how to access the other locales in the current iteration? should Meteorologist-3.1.4.dmg get me back to the next most recent update?

tia
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: meteorologist app--upgrade?
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: February 10, 2019 04:31PM
I don't know what you're running, but 3.1.6 is the latest version of the app and it looks nothing like that.

When updating from 3.1.4, I had to re-select "Dark Sky" as the source in the pref's. (The read-me says that you'll have to do that.) That was the only thing that was extraordinary about the update.

Did you download it from SourceForge? 'Cause getting it from anywhere else you probably installed something else entirely and it probably came bundled with (or is) malware.

Time to run a MalwareBytes scan?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2019 04:32PM by Sarcany.
Posted by: hal
Date: February 10, 2019 04:50PM
I updated to 3.1.6 on one machine and it was just like Sarcany said - I had to switch back to Dark Sky, but otherwise, it 'looks the same.
Posted by: goodmanx
Date: February 10, 2019 08:59PM
never mind.

i somehow had forecast bar 5.0.2 installed and not meteorologist. sheesh--sometimes i amaze myself.

thanx, y'all! sorry to trouble.

carry on.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 263
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018