advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
mini me?!.......some details for the rumored iPad Mini 5......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: February 11, 2019 05:49AM
.....it will be the same as iPad Mini 4 but cheaper in price [ no real design changes ].....keep the headphone jack, lightning connector....

New iPad mini 5 will look the same as iPad mini 4 design, aimed as lower cost product

.....The iPad mini 5 is not going to be the most exciting of updates according to recent reports. Macotakara says informed accessory manufacturers indicate the new iPad mini will look almost identical to the iPad mini 4 design.

Echoing previous rumor mill reports that the new iPad mini is aimed at a lower cost market segment, Macotakara says the new Mini will be relatively old.

Retaining mostly the same external design, it will purportedly keep the Lightning connector, Touch ID and the 3.5mm headphone jack. It will feature the same bezels and overall dimensions will not sustantially change. The rear microphone will move to the center, however, matching the sixth-generation 9.7-inch iPad.

The iPad mini 4 was released in 2015, almost four years ago, and is still on sale today in a 128 GB $399 configuration. It houses an A8 processor.

Inside the new iPad mini, Macotakara’s sources expect an upgrade to an A10 chip, although it isn’t clear if they believe it is the normal version or the more powerful A10X variant used in the 2017 iPad Pro.

Everyone is expecting the Mini’s price to fall … but by how much is still an open question.

the same but newer.........?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: mini me?!.......some details for the rumored iPad Mini 5......
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: February 11, 2019 10:57AM
Typically, Apple changes dimensions just enough so the new versions can't use cases or covers of the old versions.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men
except by believing all possible evil
of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* Sigs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: richorlin
Date: February 11, 2019 01:29PM
I just got rid of a two month old iPad Mini 4 128gb. I found it way too small to read books and online newspapers. For almost the same amount I paid for it (on sale $299) I picked up the a new 2018 9.7" iPad from Amazon for $329.00. Still on sale Amazon

richorlin

[DrawingMyLife.com]

[www.dudeism.com]
Posted by: Robert M
Date: February 11, 2019 02:39PM
Rich,

Funny... I stepped from a larger iPad to an IPad Mini 2 specifically because I wanted the smaller model. Easier for holding and reading books. Don't regret the switch at all! Even am Amazon Fire HD 8" tablet is a touch too large for reading books, newspapers and browsing the web. Still prefer my Mini 2. I'll move to a Mini 5 wifi/cellular once Apple releases it.

Robert
Posted by: vicrock
Date: February 11, 2019 06:52PM
I love my mini - but why would I buy a new one if it is going to be the same as the one I already own?
Posted by: Robert M
Date: February 11, 2019 10:58PM
vicrock,

I doubt Apple would make it the same. The form factor is likely to be similar but that's about the only thing I suspect will bear a resemblance to the current models. Those of us with 1st gen minis, Mini 2 and Mini 3 models will positively see a noticeable and significant improvement. No doubt in my mind. This is especially true of the Mini 2 since the only thing that made it differ from the Mini 3 Touch ID. The 3 had it. The 2 didn't have it.

Robert
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: February 11, 2019 11:12PM
vicrock
I love my mini - but why would I buy a new one if it is going to be the same as the one I already own?

....updated....faster process and improvements, maybe more RAM, etc.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: rz
Date: February 12, 2019 12:59PM
If they offer a 128GB mini 5 for $299 (or less!), I'll get one in a heartbeat.
Posted by: pinion
Date: February 12, 2019 02:33PM
Holding out hope that this will be a good upgrade over the mini 4 but I'm guessing I'll be saving my money for something else.

---"Yer all idiots." elmo3
[forums.macresource.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 252
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018