advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
counterproductive?!....this TV show on premium network canceled....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: February 11, 2019 11:14AM
.....'Counterpart' on Starz......with J.K. Simmons.....no 3rd season but they are shopping it around....

Counterpart Cancelled at Starz, EP Says Season 3 Is Being Shopped Elsewhere

.....We spy bad news for fans of Counterpart.

On our side, at least, the sci-fi espionage drama has been cancelled by Starz after two seasons, just days ahead of its sophomore finale (airing Sunday, Feb. 17).

Producer MRC, however, is shopping the series to streaming platforms, for possible salvation.

“Hey #Counterpart fans, a bit of sad news… Starz has decided not to pick up our show for a 3rd season,” series creator Justin Marks shared on Twitter. “Fingers crossed that our wonderful studio, MRC, can find a way to keep the dream alive! But in the meantime, one more episode until the end of a chapter. See you Sunday!”

Hey #counterpart fans, a bit of sad news… Starz has decided not to pick up our show for a 3rd season…
— Justin Marks (@Justin_Marks_) February 11, 2019

Starring J.K. Simmons in a dual role that astonishingly has failed to drum up any major awards buzz (save for a Satellite Award nomination), Season 2 of the ambitious drama is averaging just 225,000 weekly viewers and a 0.04 demo rating in Live+SD numbers, down sharply from its freshman run (371K/0.09).

is this the end.......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2019 11:24AM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: counterproductive?!....this TV show on premium network canceled....
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: February 11, 2019 12:10PM
I liked the first season but missed the start of the second season because I never saw ads for it.

In tha 360. [url=Zee Maps Now requires a subscription/payment to work]MRF User Map[/url]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 233
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018