advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
eBay non paying bidder questions
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: March 12, 2019 05:06PM
I gave the person four days to pay, then started the official process for resolution. But in the meanwhile, can I alert the second highest bidder that the item may become available? Because that person seemed genuinely interested in the item, as he bud multiple times, and early.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: eBay non paying bidder questions
Posted by: PizzaGod
Date: March 12, 2019 05:26PM
How much is involved here?

If you think the guy is flaking out, I'd cancel the sale and move on to the next guy.
Date: March 12, 2019 05:35PM
That's essentially my question- more that I've started the process, must I wait it out?

I also don't want to cancel the sale before knowing if the second bidder is still interested
Posted by: wurm
Date: March 12, 2019 05:54PM
I think if you stated something like "payment must be made in X days" and you're past that time, I'd say go to the next bidder if you want.
Posted by: Mr645
Date: March 13, 2019 06:04AM
I think Ebay standards are to allow 7 days, although there is an option on your auctions to require instant payment when doing buy it Now
Posted by: Janit
Date: March 13, 2019 06:58AM
It is best for you to follow eBay's current procedures in order to preserve the good status of your account. You need to close out the nonpayment case before reselling the item, because you don't want to be stuck with selling it twice and then getting dinged for a cancellation due to "running out of stock."

EBay has a waiting period for closing out the case. There should be a link associated with the case that says "take action" or some similar phrase, leading to two choices -- either item was paid for or payment not received. The second option will be greyed out during the waiting period, and will become available as soon as the waiting period is over. The last time I had to do this, eBay gave me a waiting period of four days.
Date: March 13, 2019 08:10AM
thanks, all, I will wait it out. I don't want to risk getting into a back and forth, just want to sell the thing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 275
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018