advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
day-o?!....another TV show cancelled on this streaming service.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: March 14, 2019 01:11PM
....'One Day At A Time' on Netflix.......they are cutting corners.....

One Day at a Time Cancelled; Netflix Boss Laments 'Difficult Decision'

....Lydia Alvarez has made her last grand entrance: Netflix has cancelled its acclaimed reboot of One Day at a Time after three seasons. The axing comes roughly five weeks after the release of Season 3. Sony, the studio behind the show, intends to shop the series around.

The modern-day remake of the beloved Norman Lear comedy followed a Cuban-American family led by a divorced, former military mom (Justina Machado), who was raising two teenagers — Elena (Isabella Gomez) and Alex (Marcel Ruiz) — with the help of her traditional Cuban mother Lydia (EGOT winner Rita Moreno). Rounding out the familia were good friend/landlord Schneider (Todd Grinnell) and Penelope’s boss Dr. Berkowitz (Stephen Tobolowsky).

Lear served as an executive producer, alongside fellow sitcom vets Mike Royce (Everybody Loves Raymond) and Gloria Calderón Kellett (How I Met Your Mother). The cancellation caps One Day‘s run at 39 episodes.

We’ve made the very difficult decision not to renew One Day At A Time for a fourth season. The choice did not come easily — we spent several weeks trying to find a way to make another season work but in the end simply not enough people watched to justify another season.
— Netflix US (@netflix) March 14, 2019

“It’s been a great honor to work with the legendary Norman Lear,” Netflix COO Ted Sarandos said in a statement. “I’ve personally spoken with Norman, and co-creators Gloria Calderón Kellett and Mike Royce, to express my gratitude to them, all the writers, the dedicated crew and the cast including the brilliant Justina Machado and dazzling Rita Moreno for creating a series with such humor, heart and humanity. This was a very difficult decision and we’re thankful to all the fans who’ve supported the series, our partners at Sony, and all the critics who embraced it. While it’s disappointing that more viewers didn’t discover One Day at a Time, I believe the series will stand the test of time.”.....

night and day......day and night.........?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2019 01:16PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: day-o?!....another TV show cancelled on this streaming service.....
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: March 14, 2019 03:28PM
I watched.

Why didn't you?

Options:  Reply • Quote
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 273
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018