advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
the axe drops?!.....Hallmark Channel fires Lori Laughlin over 'cheating' scandal......Netflix probably will do the same....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: March 14, 2019 05:30PM
......she stars in recurring movies series 'Garage Sale Mysteries' [ she was filming one and had 2 more in the works ] and in 'When Calls the Heart'........

......she is in Netflix' 'Fuller House'......no word on that yet......

Lori Loughlin Fired From All Hallmark Projects Over College Cheating Scandal

.....Lori Loughlin‘s future (or lack thereof) with Hallmark has been decided. Crown Media will no longer be working with the actress — who is currently a series regular on the popular period drama When Calls the Heart, among other projects.

“We are saddened by the recent news surrounding the college admissions allegations,” reads a statement obtained by TVLine. “We are no longer working with Lori Loughlin and have stopped development of all productions that air on the Crown Media Family Network channels involving Lori Loughlin including Garage Sale Mysteries, an independent third party production.”

Some background: Loughlin turned herself over to authorities on March 13 after being indicted for allegedly taking part in a large scheme involving parents who paid bribes of up to $6 million to get their kids into elite colleges, including Harvard and Yale. Loughlin, her husband Mossimo Giannulli and dozens of other parents — including Desperate Housewives alumna Felicity Huffman — allegedly bribed college entrance-exam administrators to allow cheating on the tests and university athletic coaches to designate school applicants as athletic recruits, regardless of their athletic ability or experience playing a sport.

Loughlin and Giannulli allegedly paid a total of $500,000 so that their two daughters would be designated as recruits to the University of Southern California’s crew team, though neither girl participated in the sport. Loughlin was released from custody on $1 million bail, with a judge ruling that she could travel for work as long as she informs the court where she’s going and how long she’ll be away. She’s currently in the midst of making the Hallmark Channel’s latest Garage Sale Mystery movie, which is being filmed in Vancouver.

Fans of Loughlin’s work with Hallmark have been extremely vocal since news of her alleged involvement in the bribery scandal became public. Viewers have since flooded Hallmark’s social media channels, calling for her firing. “@LoriLoughlin shows or movies will no longer be played in my home,” wrote one angry fan on Instagram. “Should have hired her children a tutor and taught them better study habits.” Another added, “Personally, I don’t want to see her ever on Hallmark Channel again and it would be extremely disappointing to see Crown Media ignore her gross dishonesty.”

In addition to her work on these Hallmark projects, Loughlin also recurs on Netflix’s Fuller House, which was recently renewed for a fifth and final season. TVLine has reached out to Warner Bros. TV for comment about Loughlin’s future (or lack thereof) on the family sitcom.

consequences.........are happening now.....?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2019 07:53AM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: the axe drops?!.....Hallmark Channel fires Lori Laughlin over 'cheating' scandal......
Date: March 14, 2019 06:03PM
....they have now also pulled an episode of 'When Calls the Heart' with her in it and they are shelving the series for now until they figure out what to do with her character.....

Re: the axe drops?!.....Hallmark Channel fires Lori Laughlin over 'cheating' scandal......
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: March 14, 2019 06:11PM
She'll be back in a month.

They don't have a lot of money to hire real talent. She's all they can afford.

Date: March 14, 2019 06:39PM
.....Sephora has also ended relationship with Lori's daughter, the one that has the youtube channel......

Posted by: JoeH
Date: March 14, 2019 06:47PM
Sarcany
She'll be back in a month.

They don't have a lot of money to hire real talent. She's all they can afford.

There are lots of talent available in her price range, I am certain they can find a suitable replacement.
Posted by: Bernie
Date: March 14, 2019 06:47PM
More Good Witch.

14 former stars making Hallmark their home

Staunton, Virginia

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2019 06:55PM by Bernie.
Posted by: DP
Date: March 14, 2019 07:44PM
U.S. college admissions scandal sparks $500 billion lawsuit

The U.S. college admissions scandal that erupted this week has triggered private litigation accusing rich, well-connected parents of buying spots for their children at prestigious schools, and keeping children of less wealthy parents out.

A $500 billion civil lawsuit filed by a parent on Wednesday in San Francisco accused 45 defendants of defrauding and inflicting emotional distress on everyone whose "rights to a fair chance at entrance to college" were stolen through their alleged conspiracy.

In the largest known college admissions scandal in U.S. history, federal prosecutors on Tuesday said a California company made about $25 million by charging parents to secure spots for their children in elite schools, including Georgetown, Stanford and Yale, by cheating the admissions process.

Jennifer Kay Toy, a former teacher in Oakland, California, said she believed her son Joshua was not admitted to some colleges, despite his 4.2 grade point average, because wealthy parents thought it was "ok to lie, cheat, steal and bribe their children's way into a good college."

[news.trust.org]

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: March 14, 2019 09:31PM
Oh, how the mighty have fallen...off the Hallmark Channel?
Date: March 15, 2019 06:57AM
.....the word now is that she is likely to not be included in 'Fuller House' final season on Netflix.....her role was basically just 'cameo' but still.......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2019 08:27AM by NewtonMP2100.
Re: the axe drops?!.....Hallmark Channel fires Lori Laughlin over 'cheating' scandal......Netflix probably will do the same....
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: March 15, 2019 08:23AM
So much for "innocent until proven guilty."

What about the administrators who accepted the bribes? Did they in fact solicit the bribes? Are they being indicted? I haven't heard.
Re: the axe drops?!.....Hallmark Channel fires Lori Laughlin over 'cheating' scandal......Netflix probably will do the same....
Date: March 15, 2019 08:28AM
....the thing is with 'Hallmark'....they like to project the 'squeaky clean' family friendly image....so they can't accept anything that may tarnish that image.......

Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: March 15, 2019 10:42AM
S. Pupp
So much for "innocent until proven guilty."

What about the administrators who accepted the bribes? Did they in fact solicit the bribes? Are they being indicted? I haven't heard.
Innocent until proven guilty is about jail time. You can get canned from a job for just checking the wrong boxes when it comes to behavior.

There’s a tape of you trying to cut corners getting your kid into school? Might or might not be a crime by the letter of the law, but might be enough for behavior bringing disrepute to your employer by association, for example.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 287
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018