advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
OK, how did this happen? Amazon takes over the world?
Posted by: Buzz
Date: March 14, 2019 06:18PM
Bought stuff many years ago that I had forgotten about, but was checking Amazon order history for something else entirely, and found it there, even though purchase wasn't thru Amazon. I'm gonna guess they were an Amazon vendor at some point along the way, or that Amazon gobbled 'em up. No biggie, just kinda scary.
==
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: OK, how did this happen? Amazon takes over the world?
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: March 14, 2019 07:23PM
....we supported his cheating......on his wife......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: March 14, 2019 07:23PM
....it is very scary......and they are listening...via Alexa....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2019 07:23PM by NewtonMP2100.
?
Posted by: steve...
Date: March 14, 2019 08:17PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2019 12:28AM by steve....
Posted by: space-time
Date: March 14, 2019 08:21PM
Buzz
Bought stuff many years ago that I had forgotten about, but was checking Amazon order history for something else entirely, and found it there, even though purchase wasn't thru Amazon. I'm gonna guess they were an Amazon vendor at some point along the way, or that Amazon gobbled 'em up. No biggie, just kinda scary.
==

are you absolutely sure the purchase wasn't thru Amazon in any way, such as it was not an Amazon payment or fulfilled by Amazon? what happens if you look at order details, do you see the order number, an invoice, tracking number, payment method, etc?
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: March 14, 2019 09:08PM
Maybe they bought that companies hacked data on the dark web to keep it from falling into hackers hands, and integrated it into your customer history when they matched your billing data.

In tha 360. [url=Zee Maps Now requires a subscription/payment to work]MRF User Map[/url]
Posted by: Buzz
Date: March 15, 2019 12:30AM
are you absolutely sure the purchase wasn't thru Amazon in any way, such as it was not an Amazon payment or fulfilled by Amazon? what happens if you look at order details, do you see the order number, an invoice, tracking number, payment method, etc?

Not sure about anything as to relationship w/ Amazon back when. Order dets are incomplete, no tracking and no invoice available, payment was Visa that was in use back then.

Maybe they bought that companies hacked data on the dark web to keep it from falling into hackers hands, and integrated it into your customer history when they matched your billing data.

I was thinking it coulda been been something like that... company went belly up a couple of times, and Amazon coulda ended up w/ its customer data by purchasing it as an asset, then as you say doing a data merge.

Just kinda spooky at how the game is being played these days. OTOH, they coulda sent a snail mail or email message about the acquisition that I trashed, or forgot about, to account for the reaction of 'discovering' it the way I did.
==
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 83
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018