advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Lakers looking for new person to pay millions of $ to roll the ball out to Head Coach LeBron James
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: April 13, 2019 03:08PM
[www.espn.com]

LOS ANGELES -- A tumultuous week continued for the Los Angeles Lakers as the team announced that it has mutually parted ways with head coach Luke Walton on Friday.

The move comes just three days after Magic Johnson left the franchise reeling by shockingly deciding to step down as president of basketball operations on Tuesday night. Walton finished his third season as head coach with a frustrating and disappointing 37-45 record in a season that began with massive expectations after LeBron James' arrival.

Former Cleveland Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue and Philadelphia 76ers assistant coach Monty Williams are the central candidates in the Lakers' search to replace Walton, league sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. Lakers general manager Rob Pelinka will run the search, a source told ESPN's Ramona Shelburne.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Lakers looking for new person to pay millions of $ to roll the ball out to Head Coach LeBron James
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: April 13, 2019 05:22PM
....so Bron [ brawn ]....over brains......???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Re: Lakers looking for new person to pay millions of $ to roll the ball out to Head Coach LeBron James
Posted by: vision63
Date: April 13, 2019 07:09PM
Nearly the entire team was injured. Everybody overreacted. But it's L.A.

It's taking a while to notch that 17th NBA Championship. We'll get there. If Boston wins this year, that would make it a tad more difficult. Looks like the Magic and Raptors are dogfighting while Brooklyn was ballin'.

Posted by: Rolando
Date: April 14, 2019 10:36AM
vision63
If Boston wins this year, that would make it a tad more difficult. Looks like the Magic and Raptors are dogfighting while Brooklyn was ballin'.

Boston has a hard road. Most likely will need to go through Milwaukee and Toronto before they even face the (most likely) Warriors!

I would think the East would be thankful Lebron went west and made it a whole lot more interesting!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."
-- Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented."
-- Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theodore Roosevelt (1918)
Posted by: vision63
Date: April 14, 2019 04:42PM
Rolando
vision63
If Boston wins this year, that would make it a tad more difficult. Looks like the Magic and Raptors are dogfighting while Brooklyn was ballin'.

Boston has a hard road. Most likely will need to go through Milwaukee and Toronto before they even face the (most likely) Warriors!

I would think the East would be thankful Lebron went west and made it a whole lot more interesting!

Even if leBron stayed, it would be hard road for the Cavs. I'm rooting for upsets this go round.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2019 04:42PM by vision63.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 308
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018