advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
SOLVED - Patience low, Google fu weak today - Yahoo Mail how to mark all (TONS) read?
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: April 13, 2019 03:14PM
By any means necessary, iOS browser or app, Mac or Win browser. We’re talking tens of thousands.

Much thanks.

National Suicide Prevention Hotline tel:1-800-273-8255

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2019 10:54PM by Blankity Blank.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Patience low, Google fu weak today - Yahoo Mail how to mark all (TONS) read?
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: April 13, 2019 04:29PM
If you're not reading it, why mark it rather than deleting it?

Re: Patience low, Google fu weak today - Yahoo Mail how to mark all (TONS) read?
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: April 13, 2019 06:38PM
May I suggest simply deleting the Yahoo account?

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Date: April 13, 2019 06:48PM
Sarcany
It’s someone else’s account I need to administer, that will not be available to consult. Not being sure of the contents, there’s some slim chance an archive of old mail may have some value or other in the short term. It will probably be deleted, if not closed out altogether in the not distant future.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2019 06:49PM by Blankity Blank.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: April 13, 2019 07:46PM
Blankity Blank
Sarcany
It’s someone else’s account I need to administer, that will not be available to consult. Not being sure of the contents, there’s some slim chance an archive of old mail may have some value or other in the short term. It will probably be deleted, if not closed out altogether in the not distant future.

Don't have a Yahoo account to test with, but my understanding is that search-results circumvent the limit on the number of items you can perform an operation on. So, search for a space-character or vowel, select-all and see if the mark-as-read option is available.

Posted by: DewGuy
Date: April 13, 2019 08:48PM
In the sidebar on the left hover over the "Inbox" and the number will change to a down pointing arrow, click the arrow and select "Mark emails as read".
Posted by: LyleH
Date: April 13, 2019 09:19PM
Or, if you have an older version of Yahoo Mail:

Click on the folder you want to delete files from so that is the active folder.
To the left of the Menu items such as Archive, Move, etc. there should be a little empty box.
Single-click on that empty box which will then put a checkmark in that box and all of the emails in that folder.

Then just click on Delete, and they should all be deleted.
Note that I can't attest to _all_ of them being deleted - I'm not going to try it on one of my Folders.

Let us know if you've solved the problem so we can turn off our brains...... LyleH
Date: April 13, 2019 10:51PM
DewGuy
In the sidebar on the left hover over the "Inbox" and the number will change to a down pointing arrow, click the arrow and select "Mark emails as read".

We have a winner.

Had to switch to the Windows laptop, it handles them in batches of 10K and struggled after the first 30K, but it got the job done.

Thanks DewGuy, and thanks for the other input too folks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 115
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018