Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Winter just won't go away...
Posted by: DP
Date: April 14, 2019 08:09AM
Just go away already!

Usually, the Juncos are long gone-they spend the Summer on the tundra, and come to Michigan for the warm Winters-but they're still hanging around as of this morning. Rick-o may have some more accumulations on his lawn!

Got done with almost all of my Spring yardwork yesterday because of the predicted weather today so I can watch the accelerated Master's final round today. You all Down South keep an eye to the sky today-at least we won't be getting your weather today-

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Winter just won't go away...
Posted by: Rolando
Date: April 14, 2019 11:08AM
Free Air Conditioning! I love it! Its usually starting to roll up to 90 at this time of year!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."
-- Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented."
-- Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theodore Roosevelt (1918)
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: April 14, 2019 12:09PM
Last time I checked, we are due for heavy snow this afternoon and evening. 6" total of the white stuff is predicted.

Of course, our last storm snow had just melted to bare ground a few days ago. cursing smiley

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: pdq
Date: April 14, 2019 12:32PM
Yeah, the juncos here (Twin Cities area) have been particularly numerous, and really hungry at our feeders - maybe they didn't eat at all during this past week's storm?
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: April 14, 2019 01:00PM
We had the Air Conditioner on for the first time since October yesterday.

86 and humid.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: April 15, 2019 01:22AM
Denver area blizzard from bomb cyclone a month ago, the highway is littered with cars in an region that can get snow almost every month of the year.

[www.youtube.com]

It only needs a few more feet of snow to look like a set from The Day After Tomorrow.

In tha 360. MRF User Map

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2019 01:23AM by Filliam H. Muffman.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: April 15, 2019 09:21AM
.....didn't you hear......Winter.......is Coming.......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: April 15, 2019 11:46AM
I estimated 8" of snow on the ground this morning. Sun is shining though. That's something, isn't it? confused smiley

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 297
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018