Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Masters results SPOILER
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: April 14, 2019 01:30PM
Another Grrrrrreeen Jacket for Tiger. big grin smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2019 01:33PM by Blankity Blank.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Masters results SPOILER
Posted by: vision63
Date: April 14, 2019 01:34PM
Yeah!
Date: April 14, 2019 01:42PM
Did he want this?

The announcers said he was in the gym at 5:00am this morning warming up for this round.

Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: April 14, 2019 01:48PM
Love this. What a career, and it ain't over.

Woods became the second oldest man to win a green jacket at 43 years, 3 months and 15 days. Nicklaus was the oldest Masters champion at 46 years, 2 months and 23 days.

Twenty-two years ago, at the age of 21 and less than a year after he turned pro, Woods became the youngest Masters champion, winning the 1997 tournament by a staggering 12 strokes. He won his second Masters at 25, his third at 26 and his fourth at 29.

Woods waited 14 years to win his fifth, the longest gap between green jackets in Masters history. The last one might have been the most extraordinary achievement in his most extraordinary career.
Posted by: btfc
Date: April 14, 2019 03:45PM
That's awesome! He was close a few times last year, but I think that he needed something like this to break through a mental barrier.
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: April 14, 2019 04:33PM
Are you kidding me!!!!!!????? Damn good for him!
Posted by: Michael
Date: April 14, 2019 04:39PM
Thanks for noting, "spoiler." We golfed this morning and recorded it so we just found out at 5;35.

I gotta say I'm ambivalent. No question about how good he is and no question that he's suffered physically and emotionally from his stupidity. But, I've not been able to look at him the same since. Maybe this will do it for me...
Posted by: jdc
Date: April 14, 2019 08:45PM
Michael
Thanks for noting, "spoiler." We golfed this morning and recorded it so we just found out at 5;35.

I gotta say I'm ambivalent. No question about how good he is and no question that he's suffered physically and emotionally from his stupidity. But, I've not been able to look at him the same since. Maybe this will do it for me...

We are all human.

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Date: April 14, 2019 10:42PM
jdc
Michael

We are all human.

No truer words.

If there had been one more sports legend there, the earth might have tilted slightly on its axis.

(For the non-sports lurkers, that’s Michael Phelps* in the background in the canary shirt. Former competitive swimmer and most decorated Olympian ever, with 27 medals, 23 of them gold, and more other honors than I’m going to spend time typing out.

*Also of great importance to Phelps is the issue of depression. Phelps battled depression even during his most successful times. Listen to him talk about his struggle here, and if you need help, or even think you might need help, reach out.
Posted by: sekker
Date: April 14, 2019 11:50PM
I'm glad for him, but he's made himself a Greek Hero - as noted, his challenges were largely self-imposed.

He certainly broke the race barrier in professional golf. That only made his personal, self-induced personal challenges that much sadder for someone like myself who wants to see sports truly decided on merit (and not other trivial issues like color of your skin).
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: April 15, 2019 12:18AM
He could have been one of the great ones, probably is. Regardless, back before all the trouble, he was probably the most talented/skilled to ever play the game (by a distinct margin).
Posted by: sekker
Date: April 15, 2019 01:39AM
Carnos Jax
He could have been one of the great ones, probably is. Regardless, back before all the trouble, he was probably the most talented/skilled to ever play the game (by a distinct margin).

Yes indeed.

His self-imposed departure kind of reminded me of when Michael Jordan left the NBA. Both were athletes that at their prime had no competition so went looking for challenges outside the sport they mastered...
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: April 15, 2019 09:16AM
....but are they still masters.......of their own domain......???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 131
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018