advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Want to put together presentation using still images. What program works best?
Posted by: DP
Date: April 15, 2019 10:09AM
It's for a presentation to generate donations. I'd like to use still images, but use effects like the image moving across the screen, zoom in or out on the image, use transitions from one image to the following image such as fade out then the next image fade in, or the image pixelating to nothing, then the next image start as nothing then pixelates in, etc. And have a sound track of background music added to it.

Will iMovie do it? I have Adobe apps too.

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Want to put together presentation using still images. What program works best?
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: April 15, 2019 10:13AM
Keynote, Powerpoint

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Re: Want to put together presentation using still images. What program works best?
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: April 15, 2019 10:18AM
15 years ago I would say iMovie "Ken Burns Effect". Now ?
Posted by: flightdelayedagain
Date: April 15, 2019 11:54AM
PowerPoint - I like the Mac version better than the version I have on my work PC. I can create on the Mac and everything works as it should on the PC.
Posted by: JoeM
Date: April 15, 2019 11:59AM
The first question to ask yourself is how will it be presented. If you are presenting with your own Mac for a live audience in real time, Keynote is great and easy to use. If you are taking a thumb drive to somewhere where you can’t be sure what computer will be used but the probability is PC, or someone else is giving the presentation, you might be safer with PowerPoint. You can also look at Presi [prezi.com] which is popular for online creation and some fancy visuals.

JoeM
Posted by: Harbourmaster
Date: April 15, 2019 02:59PM
FotoMagico!!! [boinx.com]

Aloha, Ken

“I have developed significant attachments to several members even though I wouldn't recognize them if I sat next to one on a park bench. I'm often tempted when in an airport to walk around, hollering "The Løpe", to see if anyone other than the Homeland Security people will acknowledge me. ” - The Løpe
Posted by: Cary
Date: April 15, 2019 10:42PM
I've used iMovie for this - works well...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 278
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018