advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Buca di Beppo, Planet Hollywood, Earl of Sandwich, Chicken Guy!, Mixology, and Tequila Taqueria credit card breach
Posted by: Speedy
Date: April 15, 2019 02:51PM
“ What happened?
Earl Enterprises, which manages popular restaurant brands including Buca di Beppo, Planet Hollywood, Earl of Sandwich, Chicken Guy!, Mixology, and Tequila Taqueria, announced that nearly 100 restaurant locations around the United States may have exposed customer payment card data over a 10-month period from May 2018 to March 2019.

In a data breach notice posted on its website, Earl Enterprises confirmed that malware was installed on some point of sale systems at certain affected restaurant locations. The malware was designed to capture payment card data, including credit and debit card numbers, expiration dates, and cardholder names. Online orders paid for online through third-party apps or platforms were not affected by this breach. Per the company, the incident has been contained and is being investigated.

Earl Enterprises has yet to confirm the size, but independent security researchers reported over 2 million stolen cards are now for sale on the dark web on the dark web, seemingly as a result of this breach.“

Check your location: [www.earlenterprise.com]

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2019 03:03PM by Speedy.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Buca di Beppo, Planet Hollywood, Earl of Sandwich, Chicken Guy!, Mixology, and Tequila Taqueria credit card breach
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: April 15, 2019 03:13PM
.....son.....of a.......breach....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Re: Buca di Beppo, Planet Hollywood, Earl of Sandwich, Chicken Guy!, Mixology, and Tequila Taqueria credit card breach
Posted by: rz
Date: April 15, 2019 03:34PM
I like Buca and Earl of Sandwich, but thankfully I don't think I've been to either in the timeframe listed.
Posted by: hal
Date: April 15, 2019 03:42PM
Why anyone would let anything other than a gigantic banking entity retain credit card info on their website. Is ordering lunch over the internet that big of a deal?
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: April 15, 2019 04:22PM
The last time I was at Buca di Beppo was for dinner after the last day of the last MWSF.

I doubt I'll ever to to Planet, and haven't been to any of the other places.

I go to McDonald's, El Pollo Loco, and Chick-Fil-A when dining out because they accept Apple Pay.

They've all been doing so for awhile and tapping a phone is big deal, but when I use my Watch I always get a pleasant comment.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men
except by believing all possible evil
of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* Sigs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: April 15, 2019 05:48PM
hal
Why anyone would let anything other than a gigantic banking entity retain credit card info on their website. Is ordering lunch over the internet that big of a deal?

Where did you see that?

Speedy -
...that malware was installed on some point of sale systems at certain affected restaurant locations. The malware was designed to capture payment card data, including credit and debit card numbers, expiration dates, and cardholder names. Online orders paid for online through third-party apps or platforms were not affected by this breach...

N39° 39.7234', W075° 33.9788'
...word salad is not a disorder, it is a symptom...

“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”
-Albert Einstein

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 119
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018