advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Katelyn McClure, pleaded guilty to scam "Good Samaritan" Gofundme scam involving homeless man, boyfriend
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: April 16, 2019 07:45AM

[www.nbcnews.com]

A New Jersey woman pleaded guilty Monday to helping swindle thousands of GoFundMe donors out of more than $400,000 with what authorities called a “fairy tale narrative.”

Katelyn McClure, 29, pleaded guilty to theft by deception and will serve a four-year term in state prison, the Burlington County Prosecutor’s Office said in a statement.

Prosecutors have said that McClure and Mark D’Amico, 39, fabricated the “feel good story” about a 36-year-old homeless veteran, Johnny Bobbitt, who gave the couple his last $20 after they ran out of gas on Interstate 95.

McClure and D’Amico created a GoFundMe campaign that aimed to raise $10,000 to get Bobbitt off the streets.

The then-couple raked in $402,000 from 14,000 donors — a sum authorities say they quickly spent on gambling, a BMW and a trip to Las Vegas, among other things.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Katelyn McClure, pleaded guilty to scam "Good Samaritan" Gofundme scam involving homeless man, boyfriend
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: April 16, 2019 07:56AM
....boy, interrupted.....??

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Re: Katelyn McClure, pleaded guilty to scam "Good Samaritan" Gofundme scam involving homeless man, boyfriend
Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: April 16, 2019 10:04AM
And she's awaiting sentencing in Federal Court for conspiracy and federal money laundering charges she's already pled guilty to as part of a plea deal.

Her 'ex-boyfriend' is screwed!

N39° 39.7234', W075° 33.9788'
...word salad is not a disorder, it is a symptom...

“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”
-Albert Einstein

Posted by: M A V I C
Date: April 16, 2019 10:36AM
Justice system? A school district superintendent swindles millions of dollars and not only doesn't get jail time, but gets a few hundred thousand as a golden parachute. McClure gets 4 years.

Help MacInTouch: Buy from Amazon? use this link [amazon.com]
Mac News & Info: [macintouch.com] [macnn.com] [tuaw.com]
Mac Benchmarks: [barefeats.com]
Used Mac Stuff [FS/T]: LowEndMac Swap List
Mac Software Updates: [macupdate.com]
Fonts: [dafont.com] [fontspace.com]
Online Computer Store With Mac Support: [macsales.com]
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: April 16, 2019 10:50AM
....look @ Theranos.......she basically lied about her product and still.....nothing happened to her.......at least not yet.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 272
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018