advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Cooking thin sirloin steak for fajitas - cook steak and then slice or slice first and quick fry?
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: April 18, 2019 03:36PM
?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Cooking thin sirloin steak for fajitas - cook steak and then slice or slice first and quick fry?
Posted by: Speedy
Date: April 18, 2019 03:40PM
Cook first, then slice and fry again.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Re: Cooking thin sirloin steak for fajitas - cook steak and then slice or slice first and quick fry?
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: April 18, 2019 03:44PM
.....if you cook 1st.....you have to give it time to 'rest' before slicing......if you slice 1st, you don't......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: artie67
Date: April 18, 2019 05:05PM
Check out recipes on line and get some direction. My local store sells fajita meat sliced very thin. It needs a little fat and I suspect it is chuck roast they use. If your sirloin is lean cut in 1" strips and crosscut as thin as you can, then pan fry just before serving.
Also, get the recipe for pico de gallo and make it fresh. Enjoy!
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: April 18, 2019 05:29PM
Frying -- Slice and quick fry, high heat
Grill -- high heat grill, whole piece, rest, then slice

Be careful with "fajita" seasoning as it will burn and turn bitter. I prefer to marinate the meat in place of dry seasoning.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: April 18, 2019 06:31PM
Pressure cook then slice ?
Posted by: tahoedrew
Date: April 18, 2019 08:33PM
Agreed with the majority above, cook first then slice.

Depending on how thin and your preferences, you may only need to really sear it and let it rest before cutting. You should always let red meat 'rest' before cutting, unless you cook it beyond medium, then there's not much point to a 'rest.'

~A
Posted by: mattkime
Date: April 18, 2019 09:03PM
cook then slice. Its the only way to get the nice charred outside AND the pink juicy meat in the middle.

Posted by: Buzz
Date: April 18, 2019 10:01PM
Grill, rest, slice, then put the strips on a sizzling hot metal fajita plate w/ your grilled veggies. Be careful not to burn fingers.
Otherwise you're just making carne asada, which ain't bad, but it ain't fajitas.
==
Posted by: 3d
Date: April 19, 2019 07:55AM
Grill until rare. Slice. Nuke individual portions to preference of doneness.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: April 19, 2019 09:50AM
....slice and do quick stir fry.......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: rich in distress
Date: April 19, 2019 11:47AM
I’d shoot for this, so it would have to be the whole piece and then sliced.

• back to confinement

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 261
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018