Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
GoT SPOILERS
Posted by: DP
Date: May 12, 2019 09:16PM
Dany, what have you done?

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: GoT SPOILERS
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 12, 2019 09:19PM
...she has followed her lineage.......to become 'mad'........

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: rgG
Date: May 12, 2019 09:23PM
Thinning the herd tonight. Wow

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Date: May 12, 2019 09:24PM
....they are just killing everyone.....

Date: May 12, 2019 09:28PM
Was that shadow on Dany's head or is she a brunette for the last episode?

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
Date: May 12, 2019 09:50PM
So Jon, Tyrion, Arya, Davos, and a few others are not happy with their Queen right now. And only one episode to go!

That was one expensive episode, too... I liked the Hound!

Posted by: space-time
Date: May 12, 2019 09:59PM
She burned everyone, she did not discriminate!
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: May 12, 2019 10:19PM
Poor Arya. She’s seen far more faces of death in less than a day than she probably thought she’d see in a lifetime.
Posted by: hal
Date: May 13, 2019 12:29AM
So it turns out the mad King's daughter is mad as a hatter. Whodda thunk it? Arya is gonna take care of her I imagine. She'll sit on the throne, zoom out... fade to black. The End. Seems obvious. Surely it won't happen.
Posted by: vision63
Date: May 13, 2019 12:35AM
That kingdom had the worst citizens anyway. Drogon was full of fuel. That was for you Missendre! With yo fine ass. RIP gurl.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: May 13, 2019 02:42AM
Arya is part cat.

How many lives does she have left.

I thought there were previews of the final episode but it turned out to be an AAR from – the writers?

It bugged me a lot that they kept saying 'I think Jaime felt... I think she wanted... Maybe if Jon hadn't...'

Geeze, you guys wrote the damn thing, how do you not know what he/she/they thought/wanted/felt.

Anyway nothing surprised me. A couple of things I felt (because I didn't write the damn thing) were going to happen did happen and the I saw coming up Drogon Avenue.

The ME hasn't pronounced Euron, but I hope he's done for.

I guess the next/last episod/chapter is going to be extra long, too. I'm hoping for some pleasant surprise, like maybe Dany discovers lithium, and Jon decides incest isn't all that big of a deal and heals all that's wrong with Dany. Although there should be price to pay for violating would would be the Geneva Convention, some time later.

Still, it would be nice to see her happy for a bit.

And nekkid, one last time.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Date: May 13, 2019 05:11AM
vision63
That kingdom had the worst citizens anyway. Drogon was full of fuel. That was for you Missendre! With yo fine ass. RIP gurl.

I never get these straight. I have to Google every time. tongue sticking out smiley

Missandei = Gray Worm main squeeze and living Universal Translator

Melisandre = Fire Priestess

I’m kind of wondering what they’ve got planned for Grey Worm. They’ve played him as being an honorable man, but now he’s led his troops in this slaughter. If he’s ‘gone to the dark side’, I can see him as Daenerys’ version of the Mountain or Brienne. With Jorah gone, and Jon now likely cast in the role of Queen Slayer, a showdown between Jon and Grey Worm would slot into the finale nicely.

A nearly mad herself Arya might step up to make the killing blow on Daenrys, but I can’t see Jon letting it be any hand but his, and doing the deed personally.

That would be the very last straw though, and he would be completely done with thrones and wars and crowns and everything that goes with them. Off he goes to wander the north, reunited with ghost and Tormund. A legend beyond the now fallen wall, just like his uncle Benjen.
Date: May 13, 2019 05:38AM
Official finale preview

Length: 38 seconds
Official BB Spoiler Rating*: 2/10

*The Official BB Spoiler Rating, heretofore referred to as “OBBSR”, is for entertainment purposes only, and no guarantee as to its fitness or suitability for any purpose is either implied or guaranteed. User assumes all risk, and indemnifies Blankity Blank, MRF, our grannies, doggies, kittens and everybody in the whole world against any and everything that can happen, has happened and might happen. Ever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2019 05:40AM by Blankity Blank.
Posted by: 3d
Date: May 13, 2019 05:42AM
Arya has been wanting to kill the Queen throughout the series.
With Cersei gone she'll have to settle for the OTHER QUEEN. Dany.

Love that it's unpredictable. If you scroll back a month (or even a week) or so and skim all the articles and comments about predictions and theories. 99% of them are completely wrong. thumbs up
Date: May 13, 2019 08:00AM
....that dragon chick.......is turnt.....

Date: May 13, 2019 08:11AM
OK, call it! Who will end up on the Iron Throne? Make your prediction today and we'll review next week...

Sansa? Arya? Hell, so many twists and turns, it wouldn't surprise if it were Tyrion!

Date: May 13, 2019 08:28AM
DP
OK, call it! Who will end up on the Iron Throne? Make your prediction today and we'll review next week...

Sansa? Arya? Hell, so many twists and turns, it wouldn't surprise if it were Tyrion!
I’ll go for the prop bet. No one.

The throne and pursuit of the throne has caused generations of strife, death and destruction. It threatened to bring about a schism that could have divided the realm and allowed a common foe to destroy them all.

Kings Landing is rubble. Bury the dead. Let Drogon turn the throne into a pile of molten slag. This rest can stand as a monument to the failures of the past.

Daenerys returns to her kingdoms across the sea, where she is loved, no feared. To raise more “children” if she can. A council of seven can rule Westeros. I do believe Jon is done, and will go north, leaving Sansa to happily rule Winterfell, perhaps Tyrion as her (holding her?) Hand.
Date: May 13, 2019 08:34AM
DP

"ALL MEN MUST DIE."
My money is on Sansa.

Not too many candidates left:
Jon, Dany, Sansa, Bran, Arya.
Gendry has Baratheon blood in him. And Dany has officially acknowledged his bloodline and made him a Lord a couple of episodes ago. But it's a stretch. Go back to the first sentence ;)
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: May 13, 2019 08:45AM
Those who survived -- some had to -- will tell a story of the Mad Dragon Queen who burned the city to the ground and the slain Queen who tried to save them. C's memory will be skewed to the good because of this final war.

Dany can't let Tyrion live; Lannister bloodline. Plus his final betrayal (letting Jamie escape).

Plot twist re/bloodline; I think Brienne is now pregnant by Jamie.

She can't let Jon live; he has the rightful claim to the throne.

She can't let the North survive because they are a threat.

Dany has shown the Throne is all that matters. She has to have it, no matter the cost. When the bells rang, you could almost hear her mind snap as Drogon took flight. We thought she'd beeline to the Keep. So wrong about that.

With only a single episode to go (any word on length?) I don't think many other story threads will play out, which is too bad. They've basically laid the groundwork for a whole new season.

I think the prophecy Cercei heard was actually for Dany: you'll see your 3 children slain (Drogon will die in the final episode) and you will be slain by your brother (though her brother is dead, her brother's son is not).

It's spelled " y'all "

Posted by: space-time
Date: May 13, 2019 08:50AM
DP

Donald Trump!
Date: May 13, 2019 08:51AM
It's interesting that this episode coincided with Mother's Day.
There have been many references to mothers/motherhood in these final episodes.

We see Cersei confide with Jaimie about all the hatred and evil she did in life was for her children.

We see the peasant mother desperately trying to save her child during the massacre. Even handing her off to Arya before they are incinerated.

Dany has always referenced the dragons as her children. As recently as last night.

There was that intentional farewell scene where Jon notices Sam and Gilly have another child coming.

Who knows, maybe Arya (w/Gendry) or Brienne (w/Jaime) is pregnant. But that's a big bomb to drop seeing that there's only one episode left.

Happy Mother's Day! Now prepare to die.
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: May 13, 2019 08:54AM

DP * OK, call it! Who will end up on the Iron Throne? Make your prediction today and we'll review next week...

The True King of the Universe will rule.

It's spelled " y'all "

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2019 08:55AM by Zoidberg.
Posted by: Mike Sellers
Date: May 13, 2019 11:17AM
Dany will try to fry Jon with Drogon and he won't burn. Then everyone will know who he really is and turn on her, including Drogon. Hey, it could happen.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: May 13, 2019 02:23PM
It's plain that Dany has no love for Jon.

'So let it be fear...' is her modus for everyone.

Dany will try to fry Jon with Drogon and he won't burn. Then everyone will know who he really is and turn on her, including Drogon. Hey, it could happen.

Yeah, even if/though she's now as evil as Cersei, I'd rather see her walking out of the flames than Jon. Just saying.

Grey Worm showed his allegiance during the massacre, so Jon clearly needs to watch his step.

We see the peasant mother desperately trying to save her child...

Nora was played by Laura Elphinstone. She was also in the last two episodes of Line of Duty where she didn't die but lost her position. Very recognizable.

Qyburn, played by Anton Lesser, fared far better in Endeavour than Thrones.

I don't know if it's possible to have a satisfying ending to the series. Thrones doesn't lend itself to a happily ever after ending.

If Dany or Drogon don't get Tyrion, I vote for him to get the throne.

And a booster seat.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: neophyte
Date: May 13, 2019 03:15PM
Jon will retreat up north into obscurity.
Dany will retreat to her homeland after losing her last dragon and give birth to a son.
Sansa and Tyrion will die. Arya will either die with them or retreat into nomadic obscurity.

No one will immediately ascend the Throne; chaos will keep the kingdoms apart for at least another generation, until Brienne's child from her time with Jaime and Danys child grow up, try to unite the kindoms and clash with one-another.

All of this will be revealed in a "dream-scape" as seen by Bran.

Maybe I should try my hand at writing this type of fiction.

Nawwww.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: May 13, 2019 03:17PM
made by a friend of mine

Date: May 13, 2019 03:45PM
Did the Knights of the Vale check-in at King's Landing? Did they participate? Not sure if I saw them last night.
Or is this Sansa's ace up her sleeve? The knights and the commander (Yohn Royce) are extremely loyal to Sansa. I'm leaning heavily towards Sansa's tushy on the Iron Throne next week.
Posted by: rgG
Date: May 13, 2019 03:49PM
I have no idea.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Date: May 13, 2019 05:15PM
This time next week.
Done. Over.
smiley-shocked003
Date: May 13, 2019 07:29PM
Blankity Blank
This time next week.
Done. Over.
smiley-shocked003

This time next week. Done and over. At least until the holidays roll around.
Extended director's cut bluray/dvd/stream codes in 5lb limited edition Valaryan Steel chest with full cast commentaries and dragonglass bookends. Amighrite?
Date: May 13, 2019 08:07PM
smiley-shocked003

Gimme.
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: May 13, 2019 10:08PM
Finally watched it...

Rough ride!

I expected Varys. I'd hoped he'd go out a little better... but, why do I suspect his "kitchen girl" is going to try to finish the job by poisonng Dany? The rings in the cup seemed like a message to someone...

I'd hoped The Hound would win, and live, against Un-Gregor - but if he had to go... That was as good a way as could be expected for Sandor Clegane.

Did not expect Cersei to end up under a pile of rubble 100 feet deep as her end. Not surprised Jamie was with her. As many ways as the character grew over the seasons, Jamie Lannister was irredeemable... Fitting he died with Cersei.

I've been telling a coworker of mine that Dany was going to go "dark and nuts" since last season... I just didn't think it would take this long!

Glad Arya escaped... part of me hopes she'll just keep riding. Back to Winterfell, or to Riverrun and hang out with Hot Pie until the dyin' is done.

As for who will sit on the Iron Throne?
Well, Jon and Sansa are both candidates. Jon doesn't want it, Sansa is still in Winterfell.
Arya? Very much doubt.
Tyrion? Well... He'd do a credible job, as long as he keeps Jon as his Hand, and Davos as his advisor.
Davos? Not bloody likely... but weirder @#$%& has happened on this show.
I don't see Dany sitting there long, if she does.

At this point? Hell, could be Gendry, could be Davos, could be that little girl that narrowly escaped the soldiers... or, Grey Worm could step up.

What a ride!

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: rexs
Date: May 14, 2019 02:34AM
zoidberg
Let Drogon turn the throne into a pile of molten slag. This rest can stand as a monument to the failures of the past.

I agree

I think Yara Greyjoy still has a part to play.
She never gives up, is strong, has integrity and returned to her island to support Dany.
I am guessing she has heard Dany has gone mad and will return to help deal with Dany.

Long shot #1 Sansa has been involved with nothing but @#$%& bag men so I think Yara would make an
excellent partner.
Long shot #2 Arya finds her kindred spirit, The Hound, survived the fall and hooks up with Brienne .
The three of them end up supporting Sansa.

Three eyed raven boy has been a huge disappointment other than channeling the Hodor back story and confirming Sam's discovery of Jon's right to the Iron Throne.
It seems like there is deep well of material to effect the outcomes of but the info doesn't make a meaningful difference.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2019 02:35AM by rexs.
Date: May 14, 2019 06:25AM
....the final season has felt rushed.....and most of the characters just don't feel true [ at least there is less character development, reward for previous seasons ]......

....there seem to be a lot of long 'reaction' shots of people just looking into the distance......with expressions on their faces........emoting.....

Date: May 14, 2019 08:38AM
Paul F.
The rings in the cup seemed like a message to someone...

When the mob boss calls in the middle of the night for you to get in a car waiting outside your house for a ride you leave your wallet, watch, and pinky ring on top of the dresser.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: May 14, 2019 11:07AM
3d
Paul F.
The rings in the cup seemed like a message to someone...

When the mob boss calls in the middle of the night for you to get in a car waiting outside your house for a ride you leave your wallet, watch, and pinky ring on top of the dresser.

Agreed. I think any plan(s) Varys has in motion had been set in motion long before he prepared for his execution.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: vision63
Date: May 14, 2019 01:50PM
I needed to see Cersei's dead body for verification.
Posted by: DavidS
Date: May 14, 2019 03:02PM
I watched the episode last night. Could not believe the extended firepower of Drogon. Why didn't Dany use him like that last week when the other dragon got shot down?

What would be Sansa's claim to the Iron Throne?
Jon and Gendry are really the only ones who I see have a claim. Jon said No already. I doubt Gendry would want it. He seemed happy to be legitimized and made a Lord. I guess you could argue Tyrion, being the brother and next of kin to Cersei and her sons who sat on the throne.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2019 03:48PM by DavidS.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: May 14, 2019 03:18PM
DavidS
...Tyrion, being the sister and next of kin to Cersei...

Wait! What? I must have missed that episode. eye popping smiley
Posted by: DavidS
Date: May 14, 2019 03:47PM
DeusxMac
DavidS
...Tyrion, being the sister and next of kin to Cersei...

Wait! What? I must have missed that episode. eye popping smiley

LOL! Corrected.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: May 14, 2019 04:43PM
Deaths in order: Tyrion, Gendry, Dany.

Sansa and Jon marry and rule.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Date: May 14, 2019 04:58PM
....Jon will knock up Daeny.......

Posted by: rjmacs
Date: May 15, 2019 01:08PM
DavidS
What would be Sansa's claim to the Iron Throne?
Jon and Gendry are really the only ones who I see have a claim. Jon said No already. I doubt Gendry would want it. He seemed happy to be legitimized and made a Lord. I guess you could argue Tyrion, being the brother and next of kin to Cersei and her sons who sat on the throne.

Robert Baratheon had no claim to the throne when he took the Iron Throne. He waged a war, and when Jaime murdered the mad king, Robert took the throne (and was married to the Kingslayer's sister).

The Game of Thrones is only partly about genealogy in this universe. Anyone can construct a path to legitimation once the throne is won...

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 256
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018