advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Recovering Safari open windows from Time Machine?
Posted by: Winston
Date: May 13, 2019 06:21PM
Closed Safari and re-opened it, and thought I'd selected "Reopen all windows from last session" from the History menu, but only got one window back. I had a bunch of windows and tabs open, some from months ago. Would be difficult to re-find all of them.

I've been trying to restore Safari from my Time Machine backup, but it keeps reverting to the current state. Tried replacing "LastSession.plist". The tried that plus History.db . I've replaced the entire Safari folder in Users/winston/Library/Safari, but no joy. There's no entry for Safari in the "Saved State" folder (maybe because I've got it closed at the moment.)

Any idea how to restore Safari so that I can use the "Reopen all windows from last session"?

Thanks.

- Winston

------------------------
Be seeing you.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Recovering Safari open windows from Time Machine?
Posted by: space-time
Date: May 15, 2019 06:25AM
why not scroll through history items?
Date: May 15, 2019 09:22AM
Some of the tabs have been open for months. And I had about 15 windows open, and perhaps a total of 50 or 60 tabs. While I certainly could find some of the tabs from history, I'd never find all of them.

Also, I've found that, for whatever reason, Safari does not keep a fully accurate history.

Thanks.

- W

------------------------
Be seeing you.
Posted by: btfc
Date: May 15, 2019 11:05AM
' Closed Safari and re-opened it, and thought I'd selected "Reopen all windows from last session" from the History menu, but only got one window back '

If you've closed Safari and then reopened with all windows in the past, they would all be in your history in a neat little bunch. Been there, done that.
Date: May 15, 2019 11:19AM
btfc
' Closed Safari and re-opened it, and thought I'd selected "Reopen all windows from last session" from the History menu, but only got one window back '

If you've closed Safari and then reopened with all windows in the past, they would all be in your history in a neat little bunch. Been there, done that.

Good tip. I'll see if I can find the last time I closed and reopened Safari. Seems like I do it every couple of weeks or so. If I've got a list, I can recreate the different windows with their respective tabs.

Thanks.

- Winston

------------------------
Be seeing you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 228
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018