advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Game of Thrones inspired baby name takes on new meaning. Game of Thrones SPOILER ALERT.
Posted by: 3d
Date: May 14, 2019 09:31AM
What happens when the inspiration for your baby’s name goes from feminist powerhouse to mass murderer?

[nypost.com]

On Sunday’s penultimate episode of “Game of Thrones,” the platinum-locked dragon queen Daenerys “Khaleesi” Targaryen (played by Emilia Clarke), long touted as the “Breaker of Chains” for freeing slaves and fighting for common folk, resembles a maniac rather than a monarch. Atop her fire-breathing beast, she scorches the city-dwellers of King’s Landing, the capital that houses the up-for-grabs Iron Throne — even after they surrender. Daenerys’ dramatic shift was a shock to superfans everywhere. Many have been religiously glued to every episode for nine years, but for some, the stakes have never been higher: Since 2011, some 3,562 babies were named Khaleesi or Daenerys, according to the Social Security Administration. Five hundred and sixty little Khaleesis came into the world in 2018 alone.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Game of Thrones inspired baby name takes on new meaning. Game of Thrones SPOILER ALERT.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 14, 2019 09:34AM
....what none named after the dragons.....??

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Re: Game of Thrones inspired baby name takes on new meaning. Game of Thrones SPOILER ALERT.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: May 14, 2019 09:58AM

sorry Khaleesi, back to the pound
Posted by: jdc
Date: May 14, 2019 11:19AM
10 years from now: "whats your name again? Die-a-near-ees? Thats weird, where is it from?"

"Some stupid TV show my parents watched 15 years ago..."

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 248
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018