advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Alexa on duty
Posted by: samintx
Date: May 14, 2019 10:54PM
She tells me messages and now she will tell me when a pkg is at my door. This will be handy because they don’t ring the door bell anymore.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Alexa on duty
Posted by: sekker
Date: May 14, 2019 11:00PM
But will she console you when you have heartache?
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: May 15, 2019 01:24AM
sekker
But will she console you when you have heartache?

They're working on that, though apparently the early versions still have a bug or two to iron out- [www.youtube.com]

^ Rebooted "Child's Play" (Chuckie) film trailer. Now he can connect to all your devices. Isn't that just great?

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: May 15, 2019 03:26AM
The AMZ package delivery alert is a mixed bag for me.

When I started getting notifications via Alexa, I stopped getting tracking numbers for packages shipped by AMZ's own carriers.

I plug tracking numbers into an app called Deliveries (iOS/Mac) and follow their journey and know when to expect them. I get notifications on my Watch as well.

It's all very handy, and I know when to expect deliveries, even when there are delays for whatever reason. But not so with AMZ delivered items.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men
except by believing all possible evil
of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: samintx
Date: May 15, 2019 06:32AM
I’m sure I can still track vis amz email but will know if a pkg is on my porch. So many people have things stolen these days. Especially in the winter when I’m not in and out.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 15, 2019 06:40AM
.....she also tells your secrets......to the big A.......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: graylocks
Date: May 15, 2019 12:40PM
samintx
I’m sure I can still track vis amz email but will know if a pkg is on my porch. So many people have things stolen these days. Especially in the winter when I’m not in and out.

my $20 Wyze camera notifies me when a package is delivered. or when the shadows from trees move on my carport floor. still, it's helpful as porch pirates are getting more and more brazen.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: Harbourmaster
Date: May 15, 2019 06:13PM
Ram that Deliveries App looks nice but, I would have to have a LOT of deliveries coming ALL THE TIME to warrant the $4.99 price tag.

Aloha, Ken

“I have developed significant attachments to several members even though I wouldn't recognize them if I sat next to one on a park bench. I'm often tempted when in an airport to walk around, hollering "The Løpe", to see if anyone other than the Homeland Security people will acknowledge me. ” - The Løpe
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 285
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018