advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Amazon reviews
Posted by: rz
Date: May 16, 2019 09:18AM
I've written before about how useless Amazon reviews are. Many are obviously fake, but many are obviously comments on other items, not the one you're looking at.

I was looking at a foot massager today. One comment (obviously for another product) made me laugh out loud: Excellent product. I got 2 of them for my nipples since I wanted to go a little bigger than the 12 Gauge I normally wear.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Amazon reviews
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 16, 2019 09:19AM
....they should try to....NIP....it in the bud......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: May 16, 2019 10:10AM
I like the question responses:

"I have no idea"

I have received requests to answer questions from Amazon. If I don't know the answer, I don't answer.

I guess some people feel it's mandatory.
Posted by: samintx
Date: May 16, 2019 10:13AM
Well, I agree and disagree with you on reviews. I take them with a grain of salt but I still think I have received some info I would never have known.
Posted by: Mactel
Date: May 16, 2019 10:31AM
I use this site whenever I look at reviews: [www.fakespot.com]
Posted by: Carm
Date: May 16, 2019 10:50AM
There is usually a small description near the beginning of the review, noticed that a while back.
Doesn’t take fakespot to spot a fake positive review. Like I’ve said before I look at the low end of the reviews to weed out if the product is actually bad or if people just don’t know how to use it. If a product fails in the same area, multiple people will mention it.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: May 16, 2019 11:33AM
Lux Interior
I like the question responses:

"I have no idea"

I have received requests to answer questions from Amazon. If I don't know the answer, I don't answer.

I guess some people feel it's mandatory.

When you get your very first Amazon request for a response to such a question, it seems specifically addressed to you; consequently there are bound to be some “I don’t know” responses.

Just a little Amazon experience then shows that answer to be unnecessary and valueless.
Posted by: clay
Date: May 16, 2019 11:42AM
here's another tool for checking reviews:
[reviewmeta.com]
Posted by: rz
Date: May 16, 2019 12:21PM
Many times, I get asked to review something I've bought, but haven't used yet. I bought toner for our laser printer, but we hadn't finished the old one yet. I wanted to have it on hand so that when we do run out, I don't have to wait for it to be delivered. I bought a neat folding "step" I can use to load my kayak on top of my vehicle, but I bought it a couple of months ago and haven't had a chance to use it yet.

I rarely answer those emails. I also get the one where they send a question from a prospective user. Most of them appear to be from someone too lazy or too stupid to read the description.
Posted by: 3d
Date: May 16, 2019 12:55PM
I used to write reviews for Amazon. But then I thought to myself, why am i working and giving this content to a trillion dollar company for free?
Posted by: Carm
Date: May 16, 2019 01:18PM
3d
I used to write reviews for Amazon. But then I thought to myself, why am i working and giving this content to a trillion dollar company for free?
I came to the same realization, but then I figured it’s best to help out your fellow net citizen with a helpful review. No matter if they buy it at Amazon or any other retailer. I don’t go out of my way to write a review, only if a product has a few reviews.
Posted by: Ammo
Date: May 16, 2019 05:21PM
I get a chuckle out of the people in the Q&A section who respond to a question with, "I haven't used it yet so I don't know."

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: May 17, 2019 01:51PM
I really dislike that Amazon doesn't state in the email something like 'If you don't know, don't answer'.

And they obviously don't actively curate reviews or responses to inquiries.

I suppose that's not really viable, given the number of reviews and responses.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Acer
Date: May 17, 2019 04:52PM
I don't think people realize that their non-answer is going to be published for the world to see, they are just politely replying to an email.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2019 04:54PM by Acer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 242
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018