advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
What a crazy change in weather here in Sacramento
Posted by: freeradical
Date: May 17, 2019 01:16PM
It's like Spring has been put on hold, and we're back to Winter weather patterns again. We've had 1.77 inches of rain in the past few days, and more is on the way. The normal for the whole month of May is about 0.76 inches. It has been a cold rain too, not the "pineapple express" type of rain. It looks to be wet here until at least the end of next week. I used the AC one day last month. I might end up using the heat again sometime in the next week. Crazy!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: What a crazy change in weather here in Sacramento
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 17, 2019 01:21PM
....global warming......had rainy weather for almost 1 1/2 weeks....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Acer
Date: May 17, 2019 01:32PM
When do the fires usually start?
Posted by: DP
Date: May 17, 2019 02:27PM
Ha! But what's your temps? We have finally FINALLY! gotten to the 60s and low 70s but that's only been since last Sunday. We were running 15-20º below average for weeks here in SE lower MI.

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Posted by: hal
Date: May 17, 2019 02:45PM
I have a USPS delivery WAY late so I looked up the weather in Omaha, NE - thought there might be a late snow storm or something - high of 88, low of 60 something... three days later, high of 60 something lows in the 40s - wth??
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: May 17, 2019 02:53PM
When do the fires usually start?

Any time it hasn't rained in 8 weeks and the temps are over 80 °F, which can be any time of the year.

It has been a cold rain too,...

A little surprising since it's almost June. Any time it's under 55 °F in Sac and it's raining on I-80, there is a chance the highway between Blue Canyon and Reno can be closed due to snow. Snow showers are predicted Saturday and Sunday nights.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: timg
Date: May 17, 2019 02:54PM
DP
Ha! But what's your temps? We have finally FINALLY! gotten to the 60s and low 70s but that's only been since last Sunday. We were running 15-20º below average for weeks here in SE lower MI.

In Silicon Valley we are just getting to the low 60's the last several days for the high with the same cold rain freeradical is talking about.

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship. Imagination without skill is Modern Art.
Posted by: vision63
Date: May 17, 2019 03:21PM
Oh Lord, thank you for the extra water to carry us thru the next epic drought! We will conserve it, and nurture it like never before. For you are the almighty, the omnipotent provider of life sustaining hydration. It is only with your grace glorious father, that you allow us life as you fulfill your promise of the meek inheriting the earth. We shall now transition from our destructive human dominance, sweet Jesus to a world dominated by the meekest of meek, the rise of the kingdom of the Delta Smelt! Amen!
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: May 17, 2019 07:13PM
You should be in Tahoe...we went from 70's last week to mid-30's this week, with snow above 6500 feet. Fortunately, we get snow overnight and its been melting by noon. And the bad news is, more next week.

My theme song this week has been "Boat Drinks" by Jimmy Buffet...definitely cabin fever. In most years, I would just continue to go out skiing - but I fractured an arm and dislocated a shoulder in March. Ive returned to skiing , but in in fair weather with good visibility on groomed slopes. Today, the mountain was fogged in and the new snow was classic Sierra cement.

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: DP
Date: May 17, 2019 10:38PM
your promise of the meek inheriting the earth

I think it's supposed to translate as, "the geeks inheriting the earth"...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 17, 2019 10:42PM
Mid-90’s here in the Rio Grande Valley of south Texas. Should be in the low 30’s in St. Cloud, MN when we get home Monday morning.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: vision63
Date: May 18, 2019 02:35AM
DP
your promise of the meek inheriting the earth

I think it's supposed to translate as, "the geeks inheriting the earth"...

Of the Geeks!

I hang out sometimes at Santana's high school in San Francisco (Mission High School). He put on a concert in the auditorium a few years ago. Off the chain.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: May 19, 2019 01:15PM
We're had rain three days in a row here.

Not a lot, and it's not like it can't be used, and no trees have fallen over.

But it it feels almost like a season change, or as close as we get to one in CA.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men
except by believing all possible evil
of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 310
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018