advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Help getting an article into a psychology journal?
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: May 17, 2019 08:02PM
I've written an article that I'd like to get published in a psychology journal. Anybody have any experience with that, or know a psychology professor who could talk with me for 15 minutes to get some background?

Thanks!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Help getting an article into a psychology journal?
Posted by: p8712
Date: May 17, 2019 09:24PM
anonymouse1
I've written an article that I'd like to get published in a psychology journal. Anybody have any experience with that, or know a psychology professor who could talk with me for 15 minutes to get some background?

Thanks!

Perform IRB backed research and submit it blindly to a journal. Prolly still wont get published. What kind of article?

Source: My master's thesis is a psych journal article.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: May 17, 2019 10:33PM
Here's a place to start:
[www.apa.org]

Is there a journal specialized to the topic of your paper? You could contact the editor directly to find out about submission requirements or if they know of a call for papers that might be a good fit for you. Most journals have tight requirements and are looking for submissions on very specific topics.

I also got my Master's thesis published in an academic journal; different field than psychology. My adviser saw a call for papers and thought it was a good fit. She co-authored revisions with me and submitted it to the editor with her name first (she's already published in major journals and has a PhD). This kind of bugged me at first (because all the research was mine) until I understood more about how academic publishing works. They did a peer review and then decided to publish.

Best of luck to you!
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 17, 2019 11:57PM

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 235
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018