advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
In news from Florida, man stuffs legless girlfriend into container....
Posted by: Grumpyguy
Date: May 18, 2019 10:10AM
to hide her from the police....

[www.abcactionnews.com]

Bryan
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: In news from Florida, man stuffs legless girlfriend into container....
Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 18, 2019 10:53AM
"Authorities received a tip that Anderson was with Carr. He denied Anderson was there, but an officer had spotted Carr placing the now-4-foot-tall woman into the container. She surrendered without incident."

You might say, she didn't have a leg to stand on.
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: May 18, 2019 12:44PM
smiley-laughing001

I don’t know if Florida has a motto or slogan, along the lines of “The Keystone State”, but I’m thinking “The WTF State” might work for them.

My life goes smoothly and in regular intervals

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2019 02:11PM by ka jowct.
Posted by: Ammo
Date: May 18, 2019 01:33PM
Not hijack this thread, but this is from the News of the Weird column in our paper today:

What began as a quiet family dinner at home quickly escalated into a front-yard brawl on April 22 in Bedford, Virginia. Fox News reported that Mark Turner, 56, his girlfriend, the girlfriend's son and the son's girlfriend had retired to the front yard after dinner when an argument broke out between the two men about whether Chevrolet or Ford makes better vehicles. According to the Bedford County Commonwealth's Attorney Wes Nance, Turner allegedly pulled out a knife but ended up slashing his girlfriend's back as she tried to calm the situation. Next Turner went inside and retrieved a gun, but as the girlfriend again tried to get between him and her son, he allegedly shot the woman five times in the leg. He also shot the son in the arm, and two of his stray bullets hit the son's girlfriend in her back and cheek. Finally, according to prosecutors, Turner barricaded himself in the house, where police eventually shot him with a beanbag round and took him into custody. Turner was charged with felony malicious wounding, use of a firearm in the commission of a felony and possession of a firearm by a felon. [Fox News, 5/2/2019]

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass
Date: May 18, 2019 02:14PM
That is Florida-worthy behavior.

Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: May 18, 2019 02:27PM
ka jowct
smiley-laughing001

I don’t know if Florida has a motto or slogan, along the lines of “The Keystone State”, but I’m thinking “The WTF State” might work for them.

I heard Florida's state slogan is "Mouse, Mullets, and Meth".

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 18, 2019 04:19PM
....girl....interrupted......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: May 18, 2019 05:10PM
Some attribute the meme to Florida freely publishing felony arrest data. This makes it easy to search the state with the 3rd highest population and 8th densest, for "truth is stranger than fiction" events.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Date: May 18, 2019 05:39PM
Ammo
Not hijack this thread, but this is from the News of the Weird column in our paper today:

What began as a quiet family dinner at home quickly escalated into a front-yard brawl on April 22 in Bedford, Virginia. Fox News reported that Mark Turner, 56, his girlfriend, the girlfriend's son and the son's girlfriend had retired to the front yard after dinner when an argument broke out between the two men about whether Chevrolet or Ford makes better vehicles. According to the Bedford County Commonwealth's Attorney Wes Nance, Turner allegedly pulled out a knife but ended up slashing his girlfriend's back as she tried to calm the situation. Next Turner went inside and retrieved a gun, but as the girlfriend again tried to get between him and her son, he allegedly shot the woman five times in the leg. He also shot the son in the arm, and two of his stray bullets hit the son's girlfriend in her back and cheek. Finally, according to prosecutors, Turner barricaded himself in the house, where police eventually shot him with a beanbag round and took him into custody. Turner was charged with felony malicious wounding, use of a firearm in the commission of a felony and possession of a firearm by a felon. [Fox News, 5/2/2019]

Never mind. I found it.

Think this will make it into a commercial for Ford or Chevy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2019 06:55PM by ka jowct.
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: May 18, 2019 07:33PM
Filliam H. Muffman
Some attribute the meme to Florida freely publishing felony arrest data. This makes it easy to search the state with the 3rd highest population and 8th densest, for "truth is stranger than fiction" events.

I've known a few local police officers over the years who loved to recount adventures plus I graduated from a high school that doesn't have reunions because all the classmates from a given year can't get paroled at once, so if Alabama ever starts freely publishing our felony arrest data that will definitely be a "Hold my beer" moment for Florida.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.
Posted by: rz
Date: May 18, 2019 08:19PM
Yeah, we're the Sunshine State. All of you who love to make fun of Florida should google "Sunshine Law" so that you can understand why so many of these types of stories come out. If your state had as robust a sunshine law as Florida does, we'd be making fun of your state too.
Date: May 18, 2019 08:36PM
Meanwhile, here in NYC we have this:

[patch.com]

“According to the FBI, Cincinelli's plan began in February, when she asked her boyfriend, whom the FBI only identified as a confidential source, to hire a hitman to kill her husband and her boyfriend's daughter, who is less than 18. Her boyfriend told her he knew someone who would do it for $7,000, the FBI said. On Feb. 18, the FBI said Cincinelli withdrew $7,000 from a TD Bank in Wantagh and gave it to her boyfriend, who then went to a dealership in Massapequa Park and had it converted into gold coins to pay a hitman.

Between February and May, the FBI said that Cincinelli and her boyfriend continued to discuss the murder plot, both in person and over the phone. On May 8, the FBI said that Cincinelli's boyfriend told her that the hitman was going to carry out the murders over the weekend, and he was concerned about both people being killed at the same time. Cincinelli told him to tell the hitman to kill the daughter over the weekend, and then wait a week or month to kill her husband, the FBI said.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2019 08:38PM by ka jowct.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 20, 2019 03:07PM
....you go....girl......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 259
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018