advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
no.k.....U.K.?!.....for anglophiles, fans of British TV content, BBC will be leaving Netflix soon......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 19, 2019 11:08AM
.....BBC announced, some time ago, that they will be launching their streaming service in 2020, so their content will be leaving Netflix.....

....they also announced content deal with PlutoTV [ 'Doctor Who' episodes for now ] so will be able to get some content free there.....

.....soon you will have to rely on BritBox, AcornTV, Amazon Prime, BBC America....

All BBC Content Will Be Leaving Netflix

......Do you love BBC shows on Netflix? Soon you may need to find a new place to watch shows like Frozen Planet, Planet Earth, Call The Midwife, and more.

According to Discovery CEO, their deal with the BBC to launch a new streaming service in 2020 will mean all BBC content will be leaving Netflix. This was announced during a conversation with a Wall Street analyst about Netflix and Hulu moving into areas traditionally dominated by Discovery. “Yes, Hulu’s doing a few food shows and Netflix does some stuff, and a little bit of natural history. But all of the BBC content is coming off Netflix.” Said CEO David Zaslav.

The good news is the BBC has also announced it is offering some of its content for free to Pluto TV. Even some content that is not on Netflix will soon be free including the Antique Road Show and classic Doctor Who episodes.

Exactly when this will happen is unknown. Though it is likely to happen before the 2020 launch of the new Discovery/BBC streaming service. For now though BBC content is still available on Netflix at this time.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: no.k.....U.K.?!.....for anglophiles, fans of British TV content, BBC will be leaving Netflix soon......
Posted by: Acer
Date: May 20, 2019 07:31AM
Oh goody, yet another subscription.
Re: no.k.....U.K.?!.....for anglophiles, fans of British TV content, BBC will be leaving Netflix soon......
Posted by: BobC
Date: May 20, 2019 12:39PM
Hmm, I wonder whether they'll be pulling BBC shows from Amazon Prime, too. Hope not. I'm a few seasons behind on Doctor Who, and I'd like to stroll - rather than sprint - through those.
Posted by: space-time
Date: May 20, 2019 01:35PM
If these streaming services mushroom I will probably get pick one or two, binge watch then cancel and move to the next one. Come back for a month or two a year later for new episodes.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 20, 2019 01:45PM
....that's how one gets....anorexic.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: freeradical
Date: May 20, 2019 06:19PM
space-time
If these streaming services mushroom I will probably get pick one or two, binge watch then cancel and move to the next one. Come back for a month or two a year later for new episodes.

They will be like insurance, you can only enroll during "enrollment season"...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 285
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018