advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
the good, the bad, the ugly?!.....next season for this TV show on major network will be the last......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: June 07, 2019 10:28PM
.....'The Good Place' on NBC.....next season will be the last......

The Good Place to End With Season 4

.....Well, fork a dork: The Good Place‘s upcoming fourth season will be its last. Series creator Michael Schur made the announcement Friday night at an Emmy buzz-generating panel discussion in support of the show in Los Angeles.

“After The Good Place was picked up for Season 2, the writing staff and I began to map out, as best we could, the trajectory of the show,” Schur explained. “Given the ideas we wanted to explore, and the pace at which we wanted to present those ideas, I began to feel like four seasons — just over 50 episodes — was the right lifespan. At times over the past few years we’ve been tempted to go beyond four seasons, but mostly because making this show is a rare, creatively fulfilling joy, and at the end of the day, we don’t want to tread water just because the water is so warm and pleasant. As such, the upcoming fourth season will be our last.

“I will be forever grateful to NBC and Universal TV for letting us make The Good Place, and for letting us end it on our own schedule,” Schur continued. “I will also be forever grateful to the creative team, both on-screen and off, for their hard work and dedication to a very weird idea. We ask the question very frequently, on this show, what do we owe to each other? The answer, for me, is: I owe all of you a whole lot. We look forward to a great final season airing this fall.”

In a joint statement, Lisa Katz and Tracey Pakosta, Co-Presidents of Scripted Programming, NBC Entertainment, said, “Since day one, The Good Place has been a seminal show for us and one that hits all the NBC touch points — incredibly smart, funny, inventive and emotional. We know the audience will love what Mike Schur and his writers have in store for the final season.”

bad.....to the bone..............?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: the good, the bad, the ugly?!.....next season for this TV show on major network will be the last......
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: June 08, 2019 05:18AM
A man with a plan. And a hell of a good show. Respect.

Re: the good, the bad, the ugly?!.....next season for this TV show on major network will be the last......
Posted by: Fritz
Date: June 08, 2019 08:30AM
haven't enjoyed as much as the 1st season, but glad to see they have a plan.

!#$@@$#!

If there are spelling issues, please pardon, Owen the cat is sitting on my keyboard.
Posted by: Sam3
Date: June 09, 2019 07:55AM
If the ratings were decent, he and his team should have story-arced a 5 season show. They are leaving syndication dollars on the table by ending at 4 seasons.

How many episodes for each season did they have? I don't get his statement of "just over 50 episodes", most shows have an season episodic count of 21-22 episodes. 4 seasons should be at least 84 episodes. Adding another season would get them over the infamous 100 episode mark needed for a show to go into syndication.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: June 09, 2019 10:26AM
Sam3
If the ratings were decent, he and his team should have story-arced a 5 season show. They are leaving syndication dollars on the table by ending at 4 seasons.

Traditionally, syndication starts at 100 episodes, but that's not the case anymore and in this age of streaming, repeats are already doing quite well on Netflix.

Sam3
How many episodes for each season did they have? I don't get his statement of "just over 50 episodes", most shows have an season episodic count of 21-22 episodes.

The trend has been to make "seasons" that are 10-13 episodes for any shows that aren't flagships for the network.

Good Place is an especially awkward fit for NBC because it has a number of intellectual elements and subverted tropes that are out of place on an NBC sitcom. It's a bit of a miracle that it was ever made and the back-story (approved on the basis of a very poor pitch by the showrunner who then changed almost every element, moving from a whitewashed religious theme to one of philosophy and diversity) is very interesting.

For those who enjoy the show, I highly recommend the accompanying podcast.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2019 10:27AM by Sarcany.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 243
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020