advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Buying a Keyboard for your new iPad Pro (like the deal below?) Great review on options
Posted by: sekker
Date: June 09, 2019 11:45AM
From The Verge.

[www.theverge.com]

I’m typing this on a new Brydge keyboard for this 11” iPad Pro. It really makes this a laptop (that’s limited due to running iOS12.) Hopefully iPad OS will move the needle more into adding functionality to this very nice piece of hardware.

However, the Brydge also makes this as heavy as a laptop. You can remove the iPad easily, which is good. But for portability, it’s a compromise.

The Verge article does a nice job of sorting through options. I will add that the Apple folio is one of their worst products I’ve ever owned. The prior version for the 9.7” iPad Pro (my wife has) is far better as it doesn’t keep falling off when in use. Might just be my single experience, but the magnets don’t seem powerful enough. YMMV.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Buying a Keyboard for your new iPad Pro (like the deal below?) Great review on options
Posted by: richorlin
Date: June 09, 2019 08:03PM
That’s why I bought this third-party folio from Amazon instead of the Apple one with lousy magnets.
[www.amazon.com]
Hasn’t fallen off once since December.

Plus, it was only $10.95 compared to Apple’s inflated price.

richorlin

[DrawingMyLife.com]

[www.dudeism.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2019 08:05PM by richorlin.
Re: Buying a Keyboard for your new iPad Pro (like the deal below?) Great review on options
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: June 10, 2019 07:14AM
....have seen this but as you said.....it makes it as heavy as a laptop.......which for most people defeats the purpose of using iPad instead of a laptop......and costly.......it is well made though......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Robert M
Date: June 10, 2019 11:25AM
Newt,

I've been wondering about the point of these new options. Use an external keyboard and mouse. Use external storage. By the time you're done, why not just get a laptop and be done with it? the only reason I can imagine going with an ipad and the rest of the gear is the easy option to use the ipad by itself. Seems like a laptop would make more sense otherwise.

Robert
Posted by: Buzz
Date: June 10, 2019 01:57PM
Robert M
Newt,

I've been wondering about the point of these new options. Use an external keyboard and mouse. Use external storage. By the time you're done, why not just get a laptop and be done with it? the only reason I can imagine going with an ipad and the rest of the gear is the easy option to use the ipad by itself. Seems like a laptop would make more sense otherwise.

Robert

Touchscreen on a MBA and you got a deal!.
I've got a 2017 mega-size iPad Pro, and it's pretty heavy to start with. Add a nice leather folio case, and the heft is substantial. It's mostly used for more iPad-centric stuff, so the kb isn't an issue.... but a touchy-feely, affordable MBA, and BINGO! IBUYO! Since I use a heavy duty walker, whatever I schlepp is carried by the walker; if I had to carry what I schlepp on the walker, the choices would be way, way different; not sure the heavy-leather folio'ed jPP would make the cut.
==
Posted by: sekker
Date: June 10, 2019 03:22PM
I like my Brydge external keyboard. Makes my iPad a chromebook... that’s not bad.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 215
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020