advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
holey moley?!.....helicopter crash on building in midtown NY......1 person dead.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: June 10, 2019 01:12PM
....just happened.....details are sparse.....

.....'allegedly' helicopter tried to make emergency landing on roof of building.......sirens are going off everywhere [ extremely foggy weather - visibility is awful ]......

FDNY Responding to Helicopter Crash Into Midtown Manhattan High-Rise

....The FDNY is responding to a helicopter crash into the roof of a 54-story office building in midtown Manhattan, law enforcement officials tell News 4.

A report of the crash at Seventh Avenue and West 49th Street came in shortly before 2 p.m. No other details were immediately available.

The city issued an emergency notification saying to expect road closures and the presence of emergency personnel at Seventh Avenue and West 51st Street.

Few other details are known.

crushing into building.........?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2019 01:26PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: holey moley?!.....helicopter crash on building in midtown NY......
Date: June 10, 2019 01:24PM
....update.....fire breaks out from attempted landing [ the fire is out ]......1 person is dead.....787 7th avenue [ no damage to building ]......

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2019 01:33PM by NewtonMP2100.
Re: holey moley?!.....helicopter crash on building in midtown NY......1 person dead.....
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: June 10, 2019 02:04PM
was he using an iPhone for directions?
Heavy rain and fog here in NYC. Helicopters come down all the time. This is a filler headliner for today's local news. Nothing more.
Re: holey moley?!.....helicopter crash on building in midtown NY......1 person dead.....
Posted by: jdc
Date: June 10, 2019 02:06PM
Steve G.
Heavy rain and fog here in NYC. Helicopters come down all the time. This is a filler headliner for today's local news. Nothing more.

And yet USA today put a huge red "breaking news" banner on their page about it.

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Date: June 10, 2019 02:08PM
jdc
Steve G.

And yet USA today put a huge red "breaking news" banner on their page about it.

Cheap sensationalism always ledes. See if it's there tomorrow.
Date: June 10, 2019 02:09PM
.....people in the building said they felt the building shake from the hard crash/landing.....

....7th ave is closed but Broadway is o.k.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2019 02:10PM by NewtonMP2100.
Date: June 10, 2019 02:12PM
light aircraft on a steel-framed curtain glass building. What did you expect? Of course they felt it.
Date: June 10, 2019 02:25PM
here's last month's May 15th helicopter crash. Big headlines, then...blank. Bet you forgot about it. Just like you will with this one.

NEW YORK (Reuters) [www.reuters.com] - A helicopter crashed into the Hudson River in New York City on Wednesday shortly after taking off from Manhattan, causing minor injuries to the pilot and a dockworker, police and fire officials said.

Dramatic video footage of the incident shot by witnesses and posted on social media showed the helicopter spinning seemingly out of control over the Hudson near 30th Street, before plummeting into the water.
Posted by: 3d
Date: June 10, 2019 02:27PM
Trump Tower being 6 blocks away, was this helicopter shot down/disabled by secret service? Hmmmmmm.
*Takes off tin foil hat, crumples it into ball, swishes it into trash*
Posted by: steve...
Date: June 10, 2019 03:05PM
Screenshot of the building from Google Maps:

Northern California Coast
Posted by: max
Date: June 10, 2019 03:32PM
Steve G.
light aircraft on a steel-framed curtain glass building. What did you expect? Of course they felt it.

Was it not the very same comment on September 11th?...
Posted by: PeterW
Date: June 10, 2019 03:53PM
A 767 is not exactly a “light aircraft”
Date: June 10, 2019 05:53PM
The crane collapse in Dallas caused more damage and killed one person. Now it's g-o-n-e.

Where was the alarmist post about that?
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: June 10, 2019 06:11PM
Supposedly had only been in flight 11 minutes, after taking off from the heliport at E. 34th.

Just saw this: [twitter.com]

My life goes smoothly and in regular intervals

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2019 06:35PM by ka jowct.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: June 10, 2019 06:26PM
ka jowct
Supposedly had only been in flight 11 minutes, after taking off from the heliport at E. 34th.

That's a LONG time for a crane to be in flight.

It is what it is.
Posted by: hal
Date: June 10, 2019 06:28PM
Cracks me up when Steve G tries to tell everyone what they should consider to be news and what they should not.
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: June 10, 2019 06:37PM
The crane collapse footage that I saw was horrifying. We had one here some years ago on Second Ave. that destroyed a nice, small apartment building and damaged some bigger ones. I try to avoid those things.

My life goes smoothly and in regular intervals

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2019 06:38PM by ka jowct.
Date: June 10, 2019 06:57PM
hal
Cracks me up when Steve G tries to tell everyone what they should consider to be news and what they should not.
Check with me on Thursday to see what the actual news coverage is.
Keyboarding everything in sight is not a well-considered post, or even in fun (which is the occasional jape of any forum member).
Posted by: Speedy
Date: June 10, 2019 07:25PM
Steve G.
The crane collapse in Dallas caused more damage and killed one person. Now it's g-o-n-e.

When did that happen? I remember the one in, I think, Seattle.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Date: June 10, 2019 07:28PM
Speedy
Steve G.

When did that happen? I remember the one in, I think, Seattle.

Yesterday.
Date: June 10, 2019 07:54PM
.....tell that to the people who experienced it live......when you feel a shake in the building you are working....and you don't know what is actually happening [ it could have been another terrorist attack ].......

......yeah, after the fact only one person died [sarcasm]......but in the heat of the moment [ yes, when I posted it, it was live and no one knew what was really happening ].........

Date: June 10, 2019 08:03PM
ooh ooh, I know. These breaking stories MUST be posted

KARDASHIANS (of some sort)
Posted by: max
Date: June 10, 2019 11:15PM
Steve G.
ooh ooh, I know. These breaking stories MUST be posted

Apparently it was more important than your usual breathless royal family "reporting"....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 348
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018