NBA Finals (spoilers)
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: June 10, 2019 03:36PM
Are the Canadiens going to win?!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: NBA Finals (spoilers)
Posted by: jdc
Date: June 10, 2019 03:43PM
Second place is first loser, and they will be forgotten in a month or so.

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: vision63
Date: June 10, 2019 03:51PM
jdc
Second place is first loser, and they will be forgotten in a month or so.

The Warriors swept the Cavs. Now the Warriors are feeling the physical effects of having gone deep into the playoffs for 5 years straight. I'd like to see them win 2 more but lose in the end (this aids my betting).

It's a fun series. A treat to see Steph and Kawai beast it out.
Posted by: sekker
Date: June 10, 2019 05:06PM
So far, the better team has won more games.
Posted by: timg
Date: June 10, 2019 06:06PM
sekker
So far, the better team has won more games.

So far, the healthier team has won more games. KD could be back tonight.

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship. Imagination without skill is Modern Art.
Posted by: bfd
Date: June 10, 2019 08:00PM
Having watched Kawhi play close-up for two years when he was at SDSU, as well as a few practices… he's unbeatable when he's healthy, and nearly unbeatable when he's not. There is no way he will be a part of 3 losses at this point - unless, of course, he's somehow taken out of the game by serious injury. Toronto will not lose the next three games.

And yes, he is capable of emotion (as shown here when he Jimmerred Jimmer enroute to a 34-3 season)
Date: June 10, 2019 08:19PM
bfd
Having watched Kawhi play close-up for two years when he was at SDSU, as well as a few practices… he's unbeatable when he's healthy, and nearly unbeatable when he's not. There is no way he will be a part of 3 losses at this point - unless, of course, he's somehow taken out of the game by serious injury. Toronto will not lose the next three games.

And yes, he is capable of emotion (as shown here when he Jimmerred Jimmer enroute to a 34-3 season)

He's really strong for his size too. Gets his shot off in heavy traffic all the time.
Date: June 10, 2019 08:21PM
And if you're watching tonight and compare him to the SDSU days, you can see just how much he's muscled-up since he became a pro (and likely Series MVP).

Home court advantage and the sixth man are incredible so far in the first quarter. It makes a difference even in the pros.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2019 08:29PM by bfd.
Date: June 10, 2019 09:56PM
bfd
And if you're watching tonight and compare him to the SDSU days, you can see just how much he's muscled-up since he became a pro (and likely Series MVP).

Home court advantage and the sixth man are incredible so far in the first quarter. It makes a difference even in the pros.

GSW is doing everything they can to collapse down on Kawhi. Raptors were cold in the first half. The Splash Bros are splashing. They have to stay hot.
Date: June 10, 2019 10:26PM
Kawhi is going MVP right now. He's taken over the game. No answer from Steph Curry.
Date: June 10, 2019 10:28PM
Golden State isn't giving up, but they are fighting with a hand and a foot tied behind their backs right now.
Date: June 10, 2019 10:35PM
bfd
Golden State isn't giving up, but they are fighting with a hand and a foot tied behind their backs right now.

The Splash brothers are the Splash brothers. It the wire now.
Date: June 10, 2019 10:44PM
What a finish. Great game - great defensive play by GS to finish the game. They live to play one more game at Oracle. Should be a doozie!
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: June 10, 2019 10:48PM
bfd
I’ve been watching bball fifty years, man and boy. The lead with three minutes left was a dangerous place to be with a team like the Warriors. Their name fits them and they were a cornered animal tonight.

Still, if they come back and win the series, and I wouldn’t bet against it, it’ll be one of the best I’ve seen.
Date: June 10, 2019 10:50PM
Yeah, they were hellbent to deny Kawhi his spots.
Posted by: wave rider
Date: June 11, 2019 12:26AM
Intense game; I pulled a hammy just watching…

=wr=
Date: June 11, 2019 03:30AM
wave rider

KD damaged his Achilles after everybody pressured him to come back early from his calf injury (which I think was the Achilles from the git go). This changes the entire trajectory of the entire NBA.
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: June 11, 2019 05:01AM
Very well could be true.....hop KD has got enough stashed away.
Posted by: wave rider
Date: June 11, 2019 09:57AM
vision63
wave rider

KD damaged his Achilles after everybody pressured him to come back early from his calf injury (which I think was the Achilles from the git go). This changes the entire trajectory of the entire NBA.

KD really wanted to come back irregardless of external pressures. His esteem among his teammates is shown by how upset they all are about his injury. By their success, the Warriors have been the team that everyone roots against. Truth is, top to bottom, the whole organization is filled with good people. I was touched by Kevon Looney saying he would be back on Thursday even while he was in obvious pain.

As a Warriors fan, this series is remarkable because there is no one to “hate.” Toronto team is filled with high quality individuals too and their success this year is so admirable. Lebron leaving the eastern conference may not have been so good for him but it has made for a much more exciting season.

That said, Kyrie Irving Kyle Lowry and his dirty undercutting ways in rebounding is earning my ire. He knocked Looney out of the game with a cheap shot and that pissed me off. I’m pointing at you Kyle…

edit> Hate when I get the names mixed up!

=wr=

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2019 03:39PM by wave rider.
Date: June 11, 2019 01:11PM
Carnos Jax
Very well could be true.....hop KD has got enough stashed away.

Within the next month KD will sign a max contract with a team. He's already made hundreds of millions of dollars.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: June 11, 2019 09:20PM
I could not help but think that old school ball would not have squandered those 15 (?) seconds like the Raptors did last night. That was more than enough time to get off a shot (and even a rebound).
Date: June 11, 2019 09:49PM
mrbigstuff
I could not help but think that old school ball would not have squandered those 15 (?) seconds like the Raptors did last night. That was more than enough time to get off a shot (and even a rebound).

Old school would have had Kobe or Mj with 3 dudes in their faces knocking down the game-winner.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 306
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018