advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
don't go chasing waterfalls?!....Krispy Kreme opening flagship store in Times Square....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: June 11, 2019 11:19AM
.....with seats to watch the hot donuts come out and glaze waterfall....coming in 2020......

A Krispy Kreme in Times Square will have stadium-style seats and a glaze waterfall

.....If you're going to put a doughnut shop at the Crossroads of the World, you'll need a big light to guide them.

That's why when Krispy Kreme opens a location in New York's Times Square early next year, it will feature the world's largest Hot Light.

That won't be the only unique component of the 24-hour, 4,500-square-foot retail space, which will sit at the corner of Broadway and 48th Street. The location's "doughnut theater experience" will showcase the doughnut making process from end-to-end, from the mixing of ingredients to running the tasty treats through a glaze "waterfall."

Oh, and if you get hungry and want to eat one (or a box?) of them, there will be stadium-style seating in the shop so you'll have great seats to view the whole show, because this location will be on Broadway, after all.

"In the most iconic city in the world, the Krispy Kreme Times Square Flagship will showcase our brand on the global stage and inspire customer wonder," said Michael Tattersfield, CEO and president of the North Carolina-based doughnut chain. "We love making awesome doughnuts -- and New Yorkers deserve hot and fresh doughnuts!"

Krispy Kreme predicts the Times Square shop will serve more guests annually than any other of its locations in the world.

The grand openings of Krispy Kreme locations can create a frenzy. When the chain opened up its first location in Ireland last year, more than 300 people were lined up at 7 a.m. at the doughnut chain's location in Dublin. This location also featured a 24-hour drive-thru, which created its own set of problems.

People lined up at the store day and night, jamming the streets of the neighborhood and packing the store's drive-thru. Oh, and they were loud, too. Drivers sitting in the drive-thru kept pounding their horns, and all that honking kept surrounding residents up until the early hours of the morning.

Krispy Kreme ended up apologizing to the neighborhood and trimmed back the number of hours that the drive-thru is open.

the news.......just made me kreme in my pants..........?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2019 11:25AM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: don't go chasing waterfalls?!....Krispy Kreme opening flagship store in Times Square....
Posted by: Carm
Date: June 11, 2019 11:36AM
<rant>I don’t get this Krispy Kreme obsession some people have. IMHO they are just like any other donut. The only positive I’ve heard is “they taste better fresh”, when I commented on eating one and wondering what the big deal was. Yes every donut taste better fresh. Their donuts are small and taste like any other sugar glazed donut. My 2 centavos. </rant>
Re: don't go chasing waterfalls?!....Krispy Kreme opening flagship store in Times Square....
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: June 11, 2019 11:40AM
already posted yesterday with other 'non-important breaking news stories'
[forums.macresource.com]

I hope this will not hinder your enjoyment of authentic New York Italian cuisine at the Times2 Olive Garden

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2019 11:47AM by Steve G..
Posted by: 3d
Date: June 11, 2019 01:07PM
Carm
<rant>I don’t get this Krispy Kreme obsession some people have. IMHO they are just like any other donut. The only positive I’ve heard is “they taste better fresh”, when I commented on eating one and wondering what the big deal was. Yes every donut taste better fresh. Their donuts are small and taste like any other sugar glazed donut. My 2 centavos. </rant>

Some people are obsessed with hamburger brands. The difference between several well-cooked burgers from different places is negligible. But they must must must have their favored brand and only it will do. Same with ice-cream, some people must must must have that obscure local ice cream brand from Montana. And it is the only one worth spending calories on.

With that said, fresh warm conveyor belt KK glaze donuts have a pretty unique pillowy texture in my opinion. I haven't found another brand with that texture.

That Times Square location will have to sell A ShtLoad of donuts to make that rent.
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: June 11, 2019 02:25PM
Donuts are a thing of the past for me, so I will probably never have the Krispy Kreme eKsperience.

I really do not care for the proliferation of crappy food chains in NYC. The latest is A-hole Chik-Flay.

My life goes smoothly and in regular intervals
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: June 11, 2019 03:31PM
I'm still in better than good enough shape to enjoy donuts, and Krispy Kreme's will never be apart of my present or future.

But I like taking an afternoon ride to Chic-Fil-A.

And they take Apple Pay.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men
except by believing all possible evil
of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: June 11, 2019 04:54PM
I'm guessing the windows will be glazed?

It is what it is.
Posted by: vision63
Date: June 11, 2019 05:29PM
ka jowct
Donuts are a thing of the past for me, so I will probably never have the Krispy Kreme eKsperience.

I really do not care for the proliferation of crappy food chains in NYC. The latest is A-hole Chik-Flay.

At least Chik-fil-a is delicious. I won't eat anybody else's chicken sandwich. Krispy Kreme donuts are also delicious. I have a problem with bad food, chains and concepts. I don't like that certain aspect of the chicken chain's politics either, but I won't boycott them. People work there including LGBT.

I much preferred the NYC that existed when I lived there in the very late 80's early 90's. The Times Square with the lowlife, prostitutes, etc. Much more colorful and real. Much more fun.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2019 05:33PM by vision63.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 274
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018