advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Well looky that: use iPhone as a Keynote remote
Posted by: tuqqer
Date: June 12, 2019 11:18AM
I'm preparing for a live hotel presentation this evening, first I've done in probably 10 years. Couple of surprises I've learned over the last month:

1. Projectors no longer cost $3,000. Picked up a small Bomaker unit for $130

2. The iPhone can be used as a remote control for flipping through Keynote slides on ones laptop. Had no idea about this, and was wondering if I'd need to buy the bluetooth clicker I used to own. Nope, ones own iPhone will do, and it just works. A few steps to set up, but this Apple page explained it perfectly and it took all of 3 minutes.

The next couple of hotel rooms that I'm speaking in all have flat screen TVs, so no project needed. Still, what a great advancement in technology.

Edit: here's another feature I just discovered; hold down on the Keynote icon, and it gives you these options:

Mac Pro 2013 3.7GHz Quad-Core, 32G RAM Mojave 10.14.x Dual 25" Acer 1440p LCDs11" i5 MacBook Air

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2019 11:20AM by tuqqer.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Well looky that: use iPhone as a Keynote remote
Posted by: pdq
Date: June 12, 2019 01:42PM
Sweet!

On a related topic, I was surprised to find a Samsung TV Remote iOS app in the app store recently.
Posted by: Acer
Date: June 12, 2019 02:34PM
Hmm. Not sure about phone as clicker. How do you operate it without looking at it (just to advance slides), away from a podium? Seems like it's lacking in the tactile dept.
Posted by: tuqqer
Date: June 12, 2019 02:57PM
Acer
Hmm. Not sure about phone as clicker. How do you operate it without looking at it (just to advance slides), away from a podium? Seems like it's lacking in the tactile dept.

Well, I'll report back with how it works. You touch the screen and it moves to the next transition or slide. And you can go backwards to another side or transition if you need to.

Mac Pro 2013 3.7GHz Quad-Core, 32G RAM Mojave 10.14.x Dual 25" Acer 1440p LCDs11" i5 MacBook Air
Posted by: Article Accelerator
Date: June 12, 2019 03:28PM
tuqqer
2. The iPhone can be used as a remote control for flipping through Keynote slides on ones laptop.

Yep, Apple Watch too.
Posted by: rich in distress
Date: June 12, 2019 05:13PM
Article Accelerator
Yep, Apple Watch too.

Nice!

• back to confinement
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 284
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018