advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
so buy of your Buttercup?!....Apple announces that all 'Best Buy' stores will offer Apple Certified repairs & service....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: June 19, 2019 09:38AM
......the Worst....great for rural people who don't have an Apple Store near them.......

All of Best Buy's Nearly 1,000 Stores Now Offer Apple-Certified Repairs in the United States

......Apple today announced that every Best Buy store across the United States now offers service and repairs for Apple products. The electronics retailer already serviced Apple products at many stores and now does so nationwide.

Apple's press release:

By expanding to every Best Buy store across the US, customers in cities including Yuma, Arizona; Sioux City, Iowa; Twin Falls, Idaho; Casper, Wyoming and Bismarck, North Dakota will have more convenient access to Apple repairs. Plus, Best Buy’s Geek Squad has nearly 7,600 newly Apple-certified technicians ready to make same-day iPhone repairs or to service other Apple products.

Apple-certified repairs at Best Buy and other Apple Authorized Service Providers are performed by trained technicians who use genuine Apple parts, and every repair is backed by Apple, according to the company.

In addition to Best Buy's nearly 1,000 locations that now offer Apple-certified repairs, Apple has over 500 retail stores and over 1,800 authorized third-party service providers that facilitate repairs in the United States. Apple says this is "three times as many locations as three years ago."

Tara Bunch, Apple's vice president of AppleCare:

At Apple, we're dedicated to providing the best customer service in the world. If a customer ever needs to repair their products, we want them to feel confident those repairs are done safely and correctly. We're always looking at how we can reliably expand our network of trained technicians and we're excited to partner with every Best Buy store so it's even easier for our customers to find an authorized repair location near them.

Apple customers can initiate a repair on Apple's support website.

Poor Little Buttercup..........Come, of your Buttercup buy.............?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2019 09:42AM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: so buy of your Buttercup?!....Apple announces that all 'Best Buy' stores will offer Apple Certified repairs & service....
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: June 19, 2019 09:41AM
No thanks.

Everyone needs some Uplifting News: [www.reddit.com]

BTW, it's spelled y'all
Re: so buy of your Buttercup?!....Apple announces that all 'Best Buy' stores will offer Apple Certified repairs & service....
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: June 19, 2019 09:59AM
No thanks.

Ditto.

And ditto as in that was me exact thought, before clicking.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: June 19, 2019 10:05AM
Zoidberg
No thanks.

So, for you, getting 'blue-shirted' is on par with getting 'red-shirted'?
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: June 19, 2019 10:22AM
Steve G.
Zoidberg
No thanks.

So, for you, getting 'blue-shirted' is on par with getting 'red-shirted'?

Ha; yeah.

Brought to mind that, one time when going to BestBuy to look at some console stuff, I was wearing a blue shirt in the exact blue they wear there. That was a strange visit.

Added: just remembered this as well; the BestBuy blue shirt prank.

I'm not going to knock BestBuy completely, and notably not all their Geek Squad guys. I've talked to lots of them, and some are really knowledgable & helpful. Most are w/o prejudice towards Apple products. Still, you never know, and I've read enough bad stories about copied data & etc. that I would not trust my computer/etc. to them.

Everyone needs some Uplifting News: [www.reddit.com]

BTW, it's spelled y'all
Posted by: Speedy
Date: June 19, 2019 10:27AM
This is good for me. Otherwise it means a 75 mile drive to an Apple Store or a $75 up-front, non-refundable fee at the local authorized repair facility.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: June 19, 2019 10:57AM
Not a fan of Best Buy, but then again, the nearest BB is about as far away as the nearest Apple Store.

I guess I'm REALLY rural!

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: June 19, 2019 11:09AM
Oh BARF. Geek Squad fraud on Macs ? $100 for 'system optimization' and we install a bunch of bloatware.

Talk about weakening your brand.
Posted by: Bernie
Date: June 19, 2019 11:50AM
cbelt3
Oh BARF. Geek Squad fraud on Macs ? $100 for 'system optimization' and we install a bunch of bloatware.

Talk about weakening your brand.

agree smiley

Staunton, Virginia
Posted by: rz
Date: June 19, 2019 11:55AM
It'll help people like my MIL, who is 2+ hours from the nearest Apple store, but there's a BB the next town over. But there are 3 Apple stores within a 30 minute drive of me, so it's not an issue. Even if there weren't any close by, I'd most likely never trust BB with doing any sort of service on my stuff.
Posted by: vision63
Date: June 19, 2019 12:11PM
I had to fight tooth and nail to get Apple to acknowledge then agree to repair several devices over the years. The last was my old 2011 MacBook Pro suffering from the video screen issue, while the genius homeboy talking about he didn't believe it suffered from such a thing.

Then when it finally demonstrated the problem he claimed my species of 2011 wasn't covered. They fixed it but it was a huge fight. Several were killed.

Bad hard drives on earlier computers that they didn't want to work on. Even going way back to my PowerBook 540c which was just plain raggedy and me having to go to war with them to fix it.

I may not trust Best Buy, but they give me better deals on my Macs and I'm hoping they'll be able to sell us Apple warranties.
Posted by: sekker
Date: June 19, 2019 01:36PM
We have a good Best Buy in my town but no Apple Store.

The Mac section is quite good in terms of service.

This is good news for me.
Posted by: clay
Date: June 19, 2019 02:14PM
This likely means the nail in the coffin for many remaining 3rd party authorized repair centers. We have one of those in our town. closest Apple store 2+ hours away. Best Buy in town as well. I'd imagine many people would rather deal with a national store (Best Buy), even though the quality of the repair at the 3rd party independent is potentially better than what BB will provide.
Posted by: sekker
Date: June 19, 2019 08:13PM
clay
This likely means the nail in the coffin for many remaining 3rd party authorized repair centers. We have one of those in our town. closest Apple store 2+ hours away. Best Buy in town as well. I'd imagine many people would rather deal with a national store (Best Buy), even though the quality of the repair at the 3rd party independent is potentially better than what BB will provide.

True. But our local stores promising to be a third party Apple repair shop have all closed before this.
Posted by: michaelb
Date: June 19, 2019 09:47PM
I am 200+ miles to an apple store, so this is big for me since getting anything repaired, like an iPhone, has been a major pain over these years.
Posted by: 3d
Date: June 20, 2019 08:30AM
[www.bestbuy.com]

Apple Service and Repair link on BestBuy site.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 128
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018