advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Stopped to help guy push broken down car, another driver yelled, "Get out of the road!!!"
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: June 27, 2019 09:54AM
I stopped to help a driver whose car broke down on an unlit bridge with no shoulder. The vehicle being pushed had no electrical power to operate the hazard lights. I was wearing a bicycling led flashing beacon to alert vehicles behind us. A man driving by in the unblocked lane yelled, "Get out of the road!!!" Maybe the man assumed we had nothing better to do than park a vehicle on a busy dark road, hang out, and risk our lives? We communicated back that the car was broken down and the guy hit the gas hard and sped off. Fortunately 2 other people came to our aid and we were able to push it across a busy intersection and to a gas station.

I propose we all do multiple acts of kindness today to offset some of the bad energy from last night.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2019 10:15AM by pRICE cUBE.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Stopped to help guy push broken down car, another driver yelled, "Get out of the road!!!"
Posted by: mattkime
Date: June 27, 2019 09:58AM
Does driving make people @#$%& or would he have done the same thing had he been on foot?

Re: Stopped to help guy push broken down car, another driver yelled, "Get out of the road!!!"
Posted by: Speedy
Date: June 27, 2019 10:08AM
Isn’t Utah an open carry state. Be kind, stay alive.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: June 27, 2019 10:12AM
Well done to you. Big middle finger to the opinionated and unhelpful jerkboy.
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: June 27, 2019 10:45AM
"Yes, you may be a saint. But are you a saint while you're driving?"
Posted by: MikeF
Date: June 27, 2019 11:16AM
[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: June 27, 2019 11:22AM

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: GGD
Date: June 27, 2019 11:34AM
pRICE cUBE
We communicated back that the car was broken down and the guy hit the gas hard and sped off.

This sort of communicating?

[youtu.be]
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: June 27, 2019 11:42AM
not that I would dissuade you from helping, but many people are killed each year doing very similar things. be careful out there.
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: June 27, 2019 11:50AM
mrbigstuff
not that I would dissuade you from helping, but many people are killed each year doing very similar things. be careful out there.

I was definitely watching for impaired drivers. A friend from my youth died when he was helping a disabled vehicle.

Posted by: SteveO
Date: June 27, 2019 12:28PM
Good on you for doing that. I am finding that jerky people are emboldened these days to be their true jerk selves. To come out of the closet if you will. I witnessed this on a light-rail train recently while shepherding a bunch of kids of color who were from foreign countries in a bike safety class. The kids apparently had the gall to sit down in the seats with bikes in front of them. Some folks who got on after this had to stand and I guess one of them took great offense to this, scoffing in a complaining voice, "This is AMERICA!"

IOW "How dare you people of color with your foreign language get on this train and sit down?"

SMH.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 256
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018