advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Fujitsu ScanSnap iX1500 Document Scanner, under $290
Posted by: space-time
Date: July 07, 2019 12:15PM
I know some of these Fujitsu ScanSnap scanners are well regarded here, but I am not if this is one of those. Still, if you believe the MSRP of $483.99, then this is a very good deal

[slickdeals.net]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Fujitsu ScanSnap iX1500 Document Scanner, under $290
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: July 07, 2019 12:20PM
I'm a big fan of the ScanSnap series from way back. I currently have an S1500 but there's no further software support coming for the macOS for this model, apparently; that seems to be simply a marketing decision (i.e., forced upgrade of hardware). That burns me a bit and has me re-thinking staying with Fujitsu.

I need a viable alternative, though. FWIW, I don't use any of their management software (document or otherwise); I just use it as a scanner (my company has its own filing/storage system for scanned documents). I need something that's going to be supported for a few OSes, has autofeed with both-sides-at-once scanning, and the ability to send the scan to a variety of software options (PDF, photo, etc).

Make it a good day today.
Posted by: space-time
Date: July 07, 2019 12:44PM
Zoidberg
I'm a big fan of the ScanSnap series from way back. I currently have an S1500 but there's no further software support coming for the macOS for this model, apparently; that seems to be simply a marketing decision (i.e., forced upgrade of hardware). That burns me a bit and has me re-thinking staying with Fujitsu.

I need a viable alternative, though. FWIW, I don't use any of their management software (document or otherwise); I just use it as a scanner (my company has its own filing/storage system for scanned documents). I need something that's going to be supported for a few OSes, has autofeed with both-sides-at-once scanning, and the ability to send the scan to a variety of software options (PDF, photo, etc).

keep an older Machine around and scan to a network folder, then sort/manage from another computer.
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: July 07, 2019 01:47PM
Try Vuescan?

[www.hamrick.com]

Zoidberg

Posted by: Buzz
Date: July 07, 2019 03:42PM
Zoidberg

I kept a SCSI based industrial HP Scanner/ADF around, along w/ a G4 tower, much as s-t suggested, for many years, until a forced downsize turned the whole setup into a donation to our own Harbourmaster. Since then, all scanning has been handled by our 2007 vintage network model Brother MFC. The old HP was pretty much bulletproof, and IIRC, I think I bought a funky old SCSI cable from s-t at some point when switching from a G3 to the G4 tower (U2WSCSI card in G4 required new cable).

I did a scanner intensive database job for dental claims processing many years back, and we got a $7500 Fujitsu scanner as part of the solution. I've always been a fan of their ScanSnap product, but have never been able to justify it for personal use; but still a big fan. Seems like this might be a good deal, and in addition to the codes provided in the SD link, you might be able to use Staples rewards and/or other points and codes that may be available to you.
==
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 302
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018