advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
A woman was trying to shoot someone in a road rage incident, police say, but shot her husband instead
Posted by: jh
Date: July 08, 2019 03:13PM
A woman was trying to shoot someone in a road rage incident, police say, but shot her husband instead

Nicholas Cole is in intensive care after being shot in the head during a road rage incident Saturday.
Unfortunately, police say it was his wife, Erica, who accidentally shot him.
According to the Cullman County Sheriff's Office, there was a road rage episode on Highway 69 in Dodge City, Alabama, about 6:45 p.m. Saturday. It carried over to a home on County Road 160 in Bremen.
"During the incident, an altercation occurred in which, the offender, Erica Cole, attempted to shoot a second party but shot her husband, Nicholas Cole, striking him in the head," Cullman County Deputy Brad Williams said in a statement.

Nicholas Cole was taken to the ICU at UAB Hospital, where he remained Monday.
Erica Cole was arrested on charges of attempted murder, second-degree assault and reckless endangerment. Her bail has been set at $30,000, and she is being held at the Cullman County Detention Center.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: A woman was trying to shoot someone in a road rage incident, police say, but shot her husband instead
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: July 08, 2019 03:15PM
An armed society is a polite society, I think I read that here somewhere.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Re: A woman was trying to shoot someone in a road rage incident, police say, but shot her husband instead
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 08, 2019 03:15PM
......oh, shoot......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: July 08, 2019 03:22PM
That's not accidental. That's deliberate. Just because she didn't hit the person she was trying to murder, doesn't mean it isn't murder.

Oh yeah... and having the loaded gun in the vehicle in reach of the driver is a violation of the loose Alabama laws too. Unless she has a CCW permit.

[lawcenter.giffords.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2019 03:23PM by cbelt3.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: July 08, 2019 04:23PM
I’m surprised charges were filed given that it was an accident.

“Unfortunately, police say it was his wife, Erica, who accidentally shot him.”

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Diana
Date: July 08, 2019 05:06PM
If he dies, manslaughter at the least. And an accident does not preclude being charged.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: July 08, 2019 07:00PM
Nuthin' says luvin' like a bullet in the head... emoticon_love
Posted by: Gareth
Date: July 08, 2019 07:36PM
Speedy
I’m surprised charges were filed given that it was an accident.

“Unfortunately, police say it was his wife, Erica, who accidentally shot him.”

If charges weren't filed for "accidental" shootings when there was clearly an intended victim, that would open up a can of worms for defense cases. "I didn't mean to shoot that guy, I meant to shoot the guy next to him!"
Posted by: Ammo
Date: July 08, 2019 07:44PM
She looks a little chastened in her mug shot. I guess I’d feel bad too if I shot my spouse in the head. Here’s a thought: maybe it’s not such a good idea to carry a loaded gun around if you’ve got a hot temper.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2019 07:46PM by Ammo.
Posted by: davester
Date: July 08, 2019 07:47PM
Ammo
She looks a little chastened in her mug shot.

...because it would have been so much better if she'd murdered the guy in the other car instead.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: wave rider
Date: July 08, 2019 07:51PM
rjmacs

smiley-laughing001

=wr=
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: July 08, 2019 08:46PM
Ugh.

I try in word and deed to present Alabama and the denizens thereof in the best possible light to the world at large via the internet, and then crap like this happens to prove me wrong.

Full disclosure: Yeah, that's Cullman County, a place I personally avoid like the plague.

Resist the Thought Police- George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not a "How To" guide.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: July 08, 2019 08:49PM
Unless she's a really bad shot, my guess is that there is much more to this story.
Posted by: davester
Date: July 08, 2019 10:58PM
I bet that if she shot herself in the head there wouldn't have been damage to any vital parts.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: pdq
Date: July 09, 2019 09:56AM

Erica Cole was arrested on charges of attempted murder, second-degree assault and reckless endangerment. Her bail has been set at $30,000, and she is being held at the Cullman County Detention Center.

Well, this is some progress, I think. When adults leave loaded weapons out at home, and some 5 year old shoots his 3 year old sibling (or himself), it’s often just “a terrible tragedy” without charges filed for the responsible adult.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: July 09, 2019 12:23PM

Indeed.

There's always an outlier somewhere.

Not to mention, the woman probably thought the intended victim wasn't armed.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: July 09, 2019 02:22PM
RAMd®d

Not to mention, the woman probably thought...

There’s your error.
Posted by: mikebw
Date: July 09, 2019 03:07PM
davester
I bet that if she shot herself in the head there wouldn't have been damage to any vital parts.

ftw smiley
Posted by: Racer X
Date: July 09, 2019 04:10PM
pdq

Well, this is some progress, I think. When adults leave loaded weapons out at home, and some 5 year old shoots his 3 year old sibling (or himself), it’s often just “a terrible tragedy” without charges filed for the responsible adult.

In Washington State, that will now be a crime, and the firearm owner automatically charged. I'm OK with that. It's either on you, or locked up if there are children around as far as I am concerned.
Posted by: wowzer
Date: July 09, 2019 04:41PM
I guess she didn't have enough range time?

All I ever really needed to know, I learned from watching Star Trek.
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: July 09, 2019 07:34PM
wowzer
I guess she didn't have enough range time?

What is this "range" you speak of? From the comfort of your back porch first you shoot cans set up on the fence, then bottles, then squirrels. When you get really good, you can pick off any of these things through the hole in the screen on the bathroom window without ever getting up from the toilet, but that does take some practice.

Resist the Thought Police- George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not a "How To" guide.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.
Posted by: qdog2
Date: July 11, 2019 06:11PM
Ammo
She looks a little chastened in her mug shot. I guess I’d feel bad too if I shot my spouse in the head. Here’s a thought: maybe it’s not such a good idea to carry a loaded gun around if you’ve got a hot temper.

Hey Ammo she is wearing a suicide smock. So she tried to kill herself or said or showed signs of going to kill herself.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 287
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018