Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Adapter allows 3.5mm devices to send audio via Bluetooth
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: July 11, 2019 07:46AM
[www.cultofmac.com]

AirPods might just be the most convenient wireless headphones money can buy. But because they rely on Bluetooth, you can’t use them with everything. This little adapter from RHA hopes to change that.
The Wireless Flight Adapter plugs into any 3.5mm headphone jack to make it wireless. It’ll work with in-flight entertainment systems — as its name suggests — as well as the Nintendo Switch, TVs, old iPods, and more.

The Wireless Flight Adapter comes fitted with two headphone jacks; it’s main purpose is to allow you to use AirPods — or any other wireless headphones — with in-flight entertainment systems. That’s not it’s only purpose, though.

You can use just one headphone jack at a time, which means the Wireless Flight Adapter can be connected to almost anything. That includes the Switch, a home stereo system, and even gym equipment.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Adapter allows 3.5mm devices to send audio via Bluetooth
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: July 11, 2019 08:25AM
$50? Pass
Posted by: Gilbert
Date: July 11, 2019 08:41AM
Here is another option by TwelveSouth (Apple accessories focused company) that is a bit cheaper at $40.

[www.twelvesouth.com]
Posted by: Robert M
Date: July 11, 2019 10:35AM
pRICE,

Devices like that have been readily available from a slew of companies for much less $$$. One notable difference is the RHA adapter has dual headphone jacks. In reality, I doubt most people will ever use the second jack. Save the bucks and use it towards a second adapter so each person can have their own.

Robert
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: July 11, 2019 10:35AM
The current AirFly by TwelveSouth is only Bluetooth 4.1.

I bought an Auraltek ABC01F adapter for $32 about two years ago. Pretty good range, 10 to 12 hour battery life and it works as both transmitter and receiver (turn powered speakers into Bluetooth receiver).

If I got one today, I would be tempted to get one of the TaoTronics Bluetooth 5.0 models. They range from $30 (occasionally on sale for under $26) for a RX/TX, to one with a TOSLINK input for $50.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 251
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018