The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
What was she thinking? Florida Edition
Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: July 11, 2019 11:19AM
Action News Jacksonville, FL -
JACKSONVILLE, FL
A video that has gone viral shows a young girl licking a tongue depressor at a Jacksonville doctor’s office and putting it back in the jar with the others.

A sign posted above the jar reads "PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH MEDICAL SUPPLIES! THANK YOU!"

Action News Jax’s Beth Rousseau spoke the woman who recorded the video, the girl's mother, Cori Ward.
When asked what was going through her mind when she took the video, Ward replied, “I mean honestly, I wasn’t thinking.”
According to Ward, she shared the video on her personal Snapchat with a few of her friends.
It has since been posted to Facebook by someone else.

Ward said the video doesn’t show what happened after the camera stopped rolling.
She claimed, “I removed the items that were even surrounding it.”
full story

So instead of interrupting her daughter's inappropriate behavior she decided
it was better to record it and post to Snapchat?

banghead smiley

N39° 39.7234', W075° 33.9788'
...word salad is not a disorder, it is a symptom...

“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”
-Albert Einstein

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2019 04:16PM by MrNoBody.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: What was she thinking? Florida Edition
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: July 11, 2019 12:17PM
Next up; all tongue depressors will now come individually wrapped in plastic. #moreandmoreplastic

I imagine soon every product at the grocery will either come wrapped in plastic or have one of those plastic peel-off lids under the regular lid. #moreandmoreplastic

Posted by: mikebw
Date: July 11, 2019 12:26PM
help us all
Posted by: wurm
Date: July 11, 2019 12:29PM
An example needs to be set. Lock her up. The mom, not the kid. That, and banned from all Social Media accounts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2019 12:30PM by wurm.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: July 11, 2019 12:50PM
An example needs to be set. Lock her up. The mom, not the kid. That, and banned from all Social Media accounts.

No, just use standard medical safety and billing practices:

1) destroy the compromised tongue depressors

2) bill Mom $3.500

3) make video of Doctor telling Mom her daughter is pregnant and has an STD.

4) post video to SnapChat and InstaG. You know, for fun.

And not to pile on FL, [www.actionnewsjax.com]

Of note is the fact the 24yo got sentenced to 22 years even though nobody died. It's not life, and he may not have to serve the whole 22 years, but it's something.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: July 11, 2019 01:59PM
Holy crap a kid was a kid for a minute, a parent stupidly posted a foolishly recorded video, and now we're gathering wood for the burning in the public square.

It was stupid, but it's not like she refused vaccinations for her kid. Let's calibrate the outrage to the scale of the crime, shall we?

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: Speedy
Date: July 11, 2019 03:51PM
Piling on:

A Florida cop planted meth on random drivers, police say. One lost custody of his daughter.

[www.washingtonpost.com]

“The meth seemed to appear out of thin air.

Benjamin Bowling couldn’t figure it out. He had been clean ever since his release from prison on a DUI conviction, but now a Jackson County, Fla., sheriff’s deputy was accusing him of possessing a minuscule amount of methamphetamine.

It was October 2017 and Bowling was on his way to the store to pick up diapers with his friend Shelly Smith when they saw the flashing lights swirl in the rearview mirror. He had been out of prison for less than a year, doing everything he could to get his life back on track. He passed all his drug tests. He had recently been awarded custody of his daughter. But deputy Zachary Wester was escalating a traffic stop for swerving over a white line into a search for illicit drugs.

Bowling and Smith, confident they had nothing to hide, told Wester to go ahead and search the car after he claimed to smell marijuana, assuring him he wouldn’t find any.

He emerged with meth.

Now, nearly two years after Bowling lost custody of the daughter he had just gotten back, after he was convicted of felony meth possession, he knows exactly how it got there. Wester, state investigators now say, planted it himself — and Bowling was far from the only victim.

Wester, who was fired last September, was arrested Wednesday and charged with 52 counts of racketeering, false imprisonment, official misconduct, fabricating evidence and possession of controlled substances, among other charges. He’s accused of indiscriminately targeting innocent drivers and hauling them off to jail after planting meth or marijuana in their vehicles while feigning a “search."

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: modelamac
Date: July 11, 2019 04:29PM
rjmacs,

t has to be treated as a crime, hopefully as a felony. The consequences could be the same as tampering with a bottle of Tylenol or injecting something into a watermelon. That kid's act is no different than some restaurant employee spitting into a batch of pancake batter.

Two people should go to jail for that act.

Anything sold or given away that is to be ingested must meet certain standards. The FDA is uncharge of setting these standards. The standards are set so that the public health is protected.

rjmacs
Holy crap a kid was a kid for a minute, a parent stupidly posted a foolishly recorded video, and now we're gathering wood for the burning in the public square.

It was stupid, but it's not like she refused vaccinations for her kid. Let's calibrate the outrage to the scale of the crime, shall we?

Mr. Curmudgeon, on several OSes and an ego trip.
Posted by: TheTominator
Date: July 11, 2019 04:48PM
This story makes me depressed.

Or maybe just my tongue.
Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: July 11, 2019 05:49PM
rjmacs,
I'm more concerned that this"parent" (of 5) ignored the possibly dangerous result
of her 'kid being a kid' action. What else is she ignoring that might endanger her
children or other, innocent bystanders?
dunno smiley

N39° 39.7234', W075° 33.9788'
...word salad is not a disorder, it is a symptom...

“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”
-Albert Einstein

Posted by: rz
Date: July 12, 2019 10:19AM
Yeah because none of this @#$%& ever happens in any other state...RollingEyesSmiley5
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: July 12, 2019 10:52AM
Yeah because none of this @#$%& ever happens in any other state...

Yes, but this thematic is simple pleasure for simple minds.

It's not like their teaching kids how to make value judgement.

t has to be treated as a crime, hopefully as a felony. The consequences could be the same as tampering with a bottle of Tylenol or injecting something into a watermelon. That kid's act is no different than some restaurant employee spitting into a batch of pancake batter.

Anything sold or given away that is to be ingested must meet certain standards. The FDA is uncharge of setting these standards. The standards are set so that the public health is protected.

That's wholly ridiculous on its face.

Mom should get something of a reprimand for not stopping her daughter and for making and posting a video. The kid should get something, as well. Being a kid isn't any kind of excuse whatsoever. Neither of them are terrorists.

But trying to equate that to Tylenol poisoning is silly at best, and mocks the tragedy it wrought.

Though I doubt there will be, there should be a day in court for both of them, as well as some community service and probation. Let's see if a video of that goes viral.

Maybe I'll send them a pizza and tell them I only licked one of the slices.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Date: July 12, 2019 03:19PM
modelamac
rjmacs,

t has to be treated as a crime, hopefully as a felony. The consequences could be the same as tampering with a bottle of Tylenol or injecting something into a watermelon.

Is poisoning a watermelon a real thing or just an urban legend? This is not adding cyanide to Tylenol capsules - that comparison is preposterous on its face. Your examples are two intentional efforts to harm or kill people, completely premeditated and malicious. We're talking about a little kid licking a big popsicle stick and putting it back. Was this little felon secretly plotting to murder immune-compromised playgroup member Tandy Smythe, whom she knew preferred this exam room and had an appointment immediately following hers? You are out of control.

modelamac
That kid's act is no different than some restaurant employee spitting into a batch of pancake batter.

That's a far closer comparison, other than that one assumes the restaurant employee is an adult in a professional setting, not a toddler in the doctor's exam room.

modelamac

Pray tell, who is the second person?

modelamac

I'm pretty sure FDA doesn't set hygiene standards for physicians' offices, but feel free to inform me otherwise. This seems to have struck a nerve, and violates a norm for purity and safety you hold in very high regard.

I think we all agree that what the girl did was wrong, and childish (oh wait....), and that the mother was remiss in publicizing misbehavior as cute. They have already both received more harsh public judgment, not to mention state sanction, for their actions than they deserved.

We can't live in a society where we are so inflexible and harsh and unforgiving toward people who make regular mistakes. Nobody died here. Nobody was actually harmed, except for the doctor who had to replace some tongue depressors. How can we say a girl and her mother should be imprisoned because of this?

rj
AKA
Date: July 12, 2019 03:23PM
MrNoBody
rjmacs,
I'm more concerned that this"parent" (of 5) ignored the possibly dangerous result
of her 'kid being a kid' action. What else is she ignoring that might endanger her
children or other, innocent bystanders?
dunno smiley

I think, by this point, she's gotten the message.

Please don't break Mrs. Tomisette's arm if you catch her watching her son Ralph double-dipping his tortilla chip in the guacamole. I think a simple talking-to will suffice.

rj
AKA
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 283
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018