advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Who has gone green and switched to eBills ???
Posted by: steve...
Date: July 11, 2019 05:29PM
I've always declined the offers and like getting a paper statement to remind me a bill is due. I pay them online through my credit union.

I'm so used to getting them in the mail that I'm afraid I'll overlook them if I'm not paying attention.

Northern California Coast
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Who has gone green and switched to eBills ???
Posted by: AllGold
Date: July 11, 2019 05:37PM
Nope. I like the paper bills. But all the companies are getting hyper agressive in trying to get you to drop paper.

That reminds me, I just had one company force switch me. I'll have go to their site and see if I can manage to find the option to get paper bills again.

Posted by: Rick-o
Date: July 11, 2019 05:51PM
I'm about 90% paperless with my bills. Just about everything is auto payment, except my 2 credit cards. I pay them manually online through my Credit Union. There's no getting around it, this is the future.

I see my Credit Union has started charging me $3.00 for my monthly paper statement for the past few months. No warnings or announcements, just something I noticed recently. I thought it was a low class move. I'm guessing that soon all paper statements will have a fee attached.

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: jdc
Date: July 11, 2019 06:05PM
Years ago. I think the local utility still sends us something, possible they dont have the option.

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: July 11, 2019 06:38PM
utility bills are paperless as are bank statements. i still prefer paper credit card bills.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: davester
Date: July 11, 2019 06:48PM
Many years ago. The only paper bills I get these days are from my dentist.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 11, 2019 07:43PM
....stopped paper bank statements since everything is online now......use bill pay to pay all bills but like you, if I don't get paper statement, I might forget to pay it........

.....you can sort the paper bill by due date but if you get an email, you might just forget it.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Acer
Date: July 11, 2019 07:54PM
Everything but the trash (and the odd medical/dental) is paperless. I got tired of managing all that paper. And the trash WAS paperless until the city went with the low bidder that does not have online bill payment in 20-frickin'-19.
Posted by: sekker
Date: July 11, 2019 07:59PM
Only some random stuff like our lawn service that is seasonal and can change from time to time.

The rest are all on auto-pay.

We have our system so old that there used to be a CHARGE by the bank to be an electronic payment!
Posted by: carl
Date: July 11, 2019 10:20PM
Everything is auto-pay or online. I haven't received paper statements for several years now. I find it much more convenient
Posted by: Don C
Date: July 11, 2019 11:33PM
Only paper I get is from the municipal utilities for monthly wastewater and quarterly sewer bills and it irritates me that I get those on paper. They have such short lead time that if I were on vacation, I probably could not get them paid on time.

Most of my e-statements come during the second week of the month; the rest the last week of the month so I can check on Friday of those weeks and know what is coming up. (In fact, I am too compulsive and check more often than Fridays.) Utilities all are automatically paid by my cash back credit card and credit cards automatically hit my checking account so everything runs without my intervention. I was slow to trust the security between my credit cards and my credit union checking account but so far it is working well. I do go online and get electronic copies of all statements and store them in a folder called /YR2019/Statements.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: July 12, 2019 01:29AM
I don’t know when I stopped getting paper bills and writing paper checks. It’s been so long that I can’t even guess.

Posted by: vicrock
Date: July 12, 2019 07:19AM
I pay everything online, but still prefer papaer bills - I like getting them so there is a physical reminder to pay. Some bills I have set to auto-pay -
Posted by: what4
Date: July 12, 2019 07:39AM
It would be easier to choose paperless notices from banks and investment companies IF they would include a paper mailing once a year of an account summary.

That would help keep your account from vanishing into the ether after your death.
Posted by: modelamac
Date: July 12, 2019 09:03AM
I'm like Davester; Everything possible is eBills. I still get some medical bills when I have to see a new/different doctor, or other non-regular costs such as for car repairs/maintenance. Many times even those are paid on the spot with a credit card, so they end up as part of the ebill for my CC. I still get a. paper bill for these exceptions, but no envelope and stamp.

EBills lower my carbon footprint, as does buying online.

Mr. Curmudgeon, on several OSes and an ego trip.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2019 09:09AM by modelamac.
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: July 13, 2019 12:38AM
My problem is they always want to auto-deduct payments. I don’t want to be caught off guard by a billing error wiping out my checking account. I found that ing/CapitalOne’s system works best for me. My bills are sent electronically to CapitalOne and from their portal I can pay them all, or some, or schedule payments etc.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 13, 2019 11:08AM
...that is the reason, I don't do auto deduct......would rather initiate payment.....more likely that one will miss errors if one auto deducts.........

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 308
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018